Drayton Wiser TRVs advice please

Associate
Hiya I have a Combi boiler, no room thermostat or separate heating control just control rad on boiler switch with Drayton TRVs on each rad. Can I replace the TRVs with Drayton wiser TRVs without a hub and control with smart phone to avoid buying the whole kit.

Many thanks from a newbie

Soldato
I'd look into at least integrating a room stat. Without it even when the smart TRVs close the boiler will still heat and circulate fluid just with none circulating into radiators themselves.

Soldato
I acquired some radbot non connected smart valves, basically they turn themselves on and off once required temp is reached. We trialed them for work.

I cant see how that would work.

The Wiser TRVs communicate with the hub in order to turn the heating on and off as nexessary. They may work without the hub, but would only be slightly smarter in that they may allow themselves to be programme to local temps but with the controller of teh old system deciding when to turn the whole heating on and off.

I would get the hub first personally. I installed the hub and it improved the control of the heating system. There is a log I made here when installing so worth digging that out as some others made comments also

Associate
OP
Wonderful advice cheers. I've never had a boiler without a room thermostat or controller so have no idea where to start, that together with renting I'm a bit stuck. But good point about the water heating anyway which is kind of what I'm trying to avoid :)

Back
Top Bottom