Drivers to meet with FIA over Hamiltons driving

Associate
http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1/2011/09/29-9398/Giù+le+mani+da+Hamilton!

In italian.

interesting read but not seen this reported anywhere else so could be typical Italian bias. also seems to mis-quote Stewart and Witmarch.

Suzuka pilots meet to discuss Whiting FIA delegate on "bravado" by the Englishman's McLaren after the events in Singapore
Reviewing several times the sequence of the episode involving Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa at the Singapore Grand Prix, that the contact between McLaren and Ferrari Brazilian's English is really hard not to consider it a simple racing incident . Hamilton hits the front wing of McLaren left the right rear tire of the Ferrari of Massa , which forced the Brazilian to pit and garage. The fact, indeed the " nasty business "as defined the English critics , has sparked not only the furious reaction mass - "Lewis does not use your brain" - but a series of controversies involving other drivers and two former world champions Niki Lauda and Jackie Stewart . The first said the incident saying: "I do not understand why one with the talent of Hamilton to be so stupid every time." Jackie Stewart was instead restricted to the view that "If Lewis wants to be a great driver, must think more" . The opinion of the great Scot is probably the most balanced . The Hamilton colleagues have now announced a meeting at Suzuka Grand Prix at Suzuka, with the delegate of the International Automobile Federation Charlie Whiting. will be the topic of the meeting " bravado "of English in Malaysia , in Monte Carlo , in Montreal, Silverstone , Hungaroring in Belgium and, of course, in Singapore . Although this latest episode is just a stunt . But have the courage , the pilots, to ask the FIA to take action against '"Obama" in Formula 1? It does not like the McLaren , which is closing ranks around the its pilot. Martin Whitmarsh , the head of the British team, said: " Lewis is probably an aggressive driver, but he can use his head. The charges against him are not right. He is young and is still learning. But, make no mistake, he will win more championships. " Beyond the general considerations, especially against Hamilton , but there is a doubt who is coming to many: Is he not that English is the so-called because it is a fast driver? Come to think better, you want to see that things are just like that

Caporegime
A talented yet controversial driver in a McLaren infront of the FIA stewards in Suzuka for actions against the FIA's favorate (team).... Surely that means exclusion from the race and a 6 month ban, no?

:D

In all seriousness, the Italian press hate Hamilton, of course they are going to try to spread this rubbish about. Or perhaps they would prefer to watch everyone drive around 10 meters apart, never racing close, and just sailing past each other in DRS zones...

I await the influx of Hamilton haters telling me how he has been driving 'dangerously' and should be banned or fined or penalised points or <insert other pointless penalty for bothering to try and overtake here>...

Associate
OP
A talented yet controversial driver in a McLaren infront of the FIA stewards in Suzuka for actions against the FIA's favorate (team).... Surely that means exclusion from the race and a 6 month ban, no?

:D

In all seriousness, the Italian press hate Hamilton, of course they are going to try to spread this rubbish about. Or perhaps they would prefer to watch everyone drive around 10 meters apart, never racing close, and just sailing past each other in DRS zones...

I await the influx of Hamilton haters telling me how he has been driving 'dangerously' and should be banned or fined or penalised points or <insert other pointless penalty for bothering to try and overtake here>...

feeding the fire....

its senna all over again.....

Soldato
Hamilton is the most entertaining person in todays Formula 1, not only because of his driving but because of his straight forward personality and his ways.

The reason why he has haters is because he brings so much to F1.

Doubt it true, just over exaggerated crap. Though entertaining, just because of the fact it is LH.

Imagine no LH on the grid, even the haters would start to miss him.

Soldato
Lets get him banned and out of the sport then.

Will make F1 a million times better.....

He has always had complaints about his driving style, he'll always have them. Just lately all the cameras have been focused on his mis-haps, though it happens to many other down the grid... To much safety crap getting to peoples heads. Its racing and this is what is now missing in F1...

As bad as it sounds, the possibility of death is what keeps us on the edge of are seats.

O and that what happened with Massa was clearly just a racing accident.

Though after my reply, i do think someone needs to sit him down and tell him to calm down and get his head sorted and back on track for next season.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He's an exciting driver, that's at his lowest and making stupid mistakes.

It seems everyone is queueing up to take a shot these days.

Soldato
He's an exciting driver, that's at his lowest and making stupid mistakes.

It seems everyone is queueing up to take a shot these days.

Doesnt mean he has to make it easy for them to take a shot though , now does it??

I just find it very strange how often he is misjudging where the entremities of his car are at any given moment - Kobiashi, Massa, (mind has gone blank) Wiliams No 2 at Monaco.....these are all pretty rookie -ish mistakes after all

Soldato
I don't think Hamilton is a dangerous driver, or that he is overall reckless.

He does however lose his head when things aren't going his way and make stupid mistakes as a result. Still an excellent driver though.

People thought that when Hamilton crashed in China on the way into the pit, a move that probably cost him the championship that year, that it was down to his inexperience. Really, that is just LH, he's still prone to doing something similar.

Caporegime
Some of Hamiltons incidents this year haven't even been his fault. Others have been 50/50 racing incidents. Of course he's made his fair share to but that's what happens when you try to pass people instead of just sitting there waiting for stops or a comfy DRS zone.

The one I didn't like was when he ran webber out of road but that didn't cause an accident.

The rest is a lot of fuss about nothing.

The Kobi one to be fair to him although it was his fault happens all the time. The car gets far enough ahead in the breaking zone and naturally assumes the car behind has given up. A mistake for not checking but that and his ones with Massa have hardly been malicious.

As I've said before this will be great for Hamilton. Just like Senna who had a mass of incidents early on. People become very wary of you and passing becomes even easier. Same with MS, drivers just get out of the way. He's lost nothing, even if he had scored in every race he lost out in he still would have won nothing. Who cares about 2nd in the championship, no one.

If Mclaren build the bets car next year and he wins 3 of the first 5 races, all this is forgotten.

Soldato
I know what will solve everybodies problem.. wrap all the cars in bubblewrap, and give them a speed limit of 5mph, and the team principle has to walk infront of the car, waving a team flag. And if any car comes within 10 feet of another vehicle, both cars get disqualified. And there'll be none of this 'overtaking' lark, if you wish to pass, your team boss has to call ahead to the team boss infront, to request that he pull over to one side for a minute, and then, once he has come to a complete stop, then you may pass cautiously.

Seriously, hammy is hammy, and some of these other drivers really need to grow a pair, especially Massa, who has been a complete wuss since his accident.

Soldato
I know what will solve everybodies problem.. wrap all the cars in bubblewrap, and give them a speed limit of 5mph, and the team principle has to walk infront of the car, waving a team flag. And if any car comes within 10 feet of another vehicle, both cars get disqualified. And there'll be none of this 'overtaking' lark, if you wish to pass, your team boss has to call ahead to the team boss infront, to request that he pull over to one side for a minute, and then, once he has come to a complete stop, then you may pass cautiously.

straw man (Noun)
1. A person compared to a straw image; a sham.
2. A sham argument set up to be defeated.

Seriously, what does it add to the discussion?

Soldato
straw man (Noun)
1. A person compared to a straw image; a sham.
2. A sham argument set up to be defeated.

Seriously, what does it add to the discussion?

I wonder at times with comments like that and 'omg everyone just hates hamilton haters haters' whether people are actually using strawman arguments or if they genuinely have misinterpreted other peoples comments that much and really think that's what is being said.

The problem Hamilton has this year is that he has shown he can be a racer and not keep getting himself involved in incidents before. He showed some good improvement over the last few years but was still a racer and still went for it. This year he's being a racer and getting it wrong - whether it's because his head is too busy thinking about drugs and women or because he's frustrated in his car or because Jenson is too close for comfort, none of us know why for sure only he does.

That doesn't change the fact though that he has been unnecessarily putting his car in silly positions that are bound to lead to contacts sooner or later. Massa in Singapore is just another example, he'd given up on the pass, there was no need to try and cut behind him so closely, more so on cold tyres. He can drive without doing this, we've all seen him do it and he was no less exciting for it, some of us just want that Hamilton back. That doesn't make us HATERS.

Soldato
It's just mistakes, all drivers make them - schumacher made a hum dinger of one but having so many isn't the mark of a champion.

If he sorts out the errors and gets a good car under him he'll be champion again, if he blames everybody else for his mistakes he won't. Not that I'm saying he is blaming others but I don't really know that he isn't either.

Back
Top Bottom