Drives not detected after clean Windows 11 install

Associate
Hey guys, I am in need of your wisdom.

I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 using a clean install from a USB. In order to do that I had to disable CSM which I believe may be the root of my issue.

Though I was able to see them in the drive selection during installation I can no longer see my additional drives in BIOS or Windows.

Any ideas?

Don
Install latest BIOS, reset to 'Optimised Defaults' or whatever the term is, then try again.

Personally, when installing Windows, I like to physically remove all other drives, this prevents any possible boot files ending up on the wrong disks etc.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Though I was able to see them in the drive selection during installation I can no longer see my additional drives in BIOS or Windows.

Any ideas?

Not being able to see them in the BIOS is a bit weird. If you go into Device Manager in Windows are they there?

If they are, then pop into Disk Management and see if they appear there as well. If it throws you a message about initialising the disk(s) then back out before making any changes or you might lose your data.

Associate
OP
I‘ve sorted it. I updated the BIOS and reinstalled Windows again (it doesn’t take long) and I needed to assign the drives else they won’t show up.

Reactions: JRS
Back
Top Bottom