Driving on the Easter weekend

Associate
I'm going down to Cornwall with some friends for the weekend, leaving from Reading early Friday morning (~7am). Had a few people say the roads will be awful, anyone got any experience of how bad the M4/M5 towards Cornwall will be?

Soldato
M5, Easter weekend. No chance.

Best of luck, I'd start at 2am.

EDIT: Also this, New Street has been mentioning it for weeks so drivers will be prepared!

While lengthy delays on the railway network caused by engineering mean Devon's roads are set to be even busier than usual.

Last edited:
Soldato
You do know cornwall is a popular destination for poor British weekend holiday makers :)

Fixed.

Reminds me of a mate who pays extortionate fees to "holiday camp" less than 5 miles from his house. Poor kids of his don't even know what a plane is or does, nor do they know that there are other countries to visit less than 20 miles away from the South Coast.....:eek:

Soldato
That's it, this way he will actually think everything will be ok, until gets the element of surprise as soon as he joins the sliproad :p

You do know cornwall is a popular destination for British weekend holiday makers :)

Is it really? I thought it was abroad. :p

Caporegime
It's not exactly gonna be a scorcher easter weekend, so hopefully, the majority will stay at home home and keep their caravans firmly unhitched. That way you should be OK.

But no, it will be awful and you will soon believe Chris Rea had a point.

Associate
Probably very slow!
OP, if it makes you feel any better, I'm hitting the m6 at junction 20 (takes main traffic from Liverpool, Manchester, Chester and all of North Wales, tomorrow evening after work for 150 miles. Average speeds on a normal day are about 30-40mph, I expect tomorrow will be between 1-5mph.

Associate
Why do people put themselves through all the grief on bank holidays on the gridlocked roads, just stop at home and do some man jobs.:)

Because some of us have social lives. Some of us also don't own homes or cars so don't need to do man jobs. Some of us only get bank holidays to see friends and family. Some of us let our women do the man jobs.

I shall let you pick :p

wnb

wnb

Soldato
got to be nuts to go anywhere on thr BH weekend. I am staying inside locking the doors and closing the curtains!

Back
Top Bottom