The pedestrian crossing was at red.

Red line = line of cars
Blue line = my path

Should I, at the end of the two laned section:

a) wait until the traffic in the left lane has cleared
b) attempt to merge
c) not be there in the first place

Associate
As it is two lanes into one I would assume merge in turn, as long as the pedestrians have cleared, and you have at least flashing orange light, drive on and merge....

Associate
I'd go for option d:

Give it some welly off the line and cut in, you own the road after all.

Any help? Thought not...

Associate
What a silly road layout. I'd stay in the left lane from the start, tbh. Just easier.

They should just have single lane entrys and exits. None of the roads leading up to and away have two lanes... Make the island bigger too and have one lane on the roundabout too.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's what I tried. Spotted a gap, indicated and went for it but the car in the left quickly closed up the gap and I had run out of road...

Associate
Happens all the time around Sheffield, I think they were high when they planned the roads/markings. There'll always be idiots who don't let you in, depending on how busy it is: stop and wait for someone to let you in (ensure you assert yourself by very slowly crawling towards the other lane, look at the oncoming drivers in the eyes), or if it's too busy - take any other route and try and get back round.

Alternatively, do what Giddy said, shove it into 1st with high revs, wheelspin your way into a space, ensure you "flash the V's" to the suckers who just got burnt out behind you.

Man of Honour
If some ******* takes exception to me merging in turn by accelerating close up the inside to close the gap I usually just move in anyway. They always brake. It's the whole bloody British queueing mentality kicking in. It works everywhere else in the world apart from Britain.

British road users have the smallest penis of all road users in the world based on their need to prove themselves and their need to teach everyone a lesson. Here, most people seem to turn into testosterone overloaded spastic imps when they get behind the wheel of a car. Over the past year I've spent quite some time driving in various countries including the US and it's a massively more relaxing experience. British drivers are retarded.

Associate
That's what I tried. Spotted a gap, indicated and went for it but the car in the left quickly closed up the gap and I had run out of road...

The proper etiquette at this point is to indicate the other driver is an onanist and to provide a place for him to sit and spin.

Associate
Merge, the guy that sped up was just being a nonce. There is two lanes there so the road layout has been designed to be used like that.

The amount of people that are scared to use the outside lane if there is a queue amazes me. I think they think that it will instantly entice road rage from every person waiting in the queue. If there is two lanes merging into one and people let each lane merge without closing up gaps etc things would flow so much smoother. It'll never happen though!

Top Bottom