drove a lovely z4 coupe 3.0si at the weekend...

Soldato
It was fantastic to be honest!

But is is wrong that it left me feeling a bit cold, and I was very happy to get in the mx5 for the trip home! I fear something very strange is happening to me!!:p

Soldato
OP
lol, don't get me wrong it was a lovely place to be, and I'm glad I have access to the other half's car for times when I need sensible transportation!

It was just all a bit too easy and I didn't feel like I was anywhere near as much a part of what was going on!

I'm not suggesting its a better car in any way (the mx5) but its a much purer experience and one I'm getting rather fond of!

Caporegime

But is is wrong that it left me feeling a bit cold, and I was very happy to get in the mx5 for the trip home! I fear something very strange is happening to me!!:p

No surprise, the Z4 is a little dull compared to other cars in its class when talking of driver involvement.

Soldato
I love my Z4C :cool:

The Z4 seems to only truly come alive at high speeds on twisties, at normal speeds it can seem a little detached. The electric power steering is quite lifeless and lacks feedback. But for ease of everyday use, its a winner and long journeys it just munches up the miles.

I test drove a 350x before hand and the overall quality of the Z4 won me over. But my heart still has a soft spot for the 350z.

Soldato
OP
I'm not suggesting its a bad car, it was lovely. I was set on a z4c or a s2k next year, but then just decided id be happier taking the 5 to the track, and I do like messing with cars which the 5 is perfect for!

I'm just a bit worried about myself, next I'll be growing a beard and living in the garage with my haynes manual! lol.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

I had exactly the same a couple of years ago when I tried a roadster Z4 3ltr. Yes the Z4 was better in pretty much every quantifiable way, but it was still less fun.
Make the most of the MX5 whilst you don't need a third seat.

Soldato
OP
I had exactly the same a couple of years ago when I tried a roadster Z4 3ltr. Yes the Z4 was better in pretty much every quantifiable way, but it was still less fun.
Make the most of the MX5 whilst you don't need a third seat.

glad some don't think I'm nuts! don't think I'll need a third seat for a while, and I'll try my best to keep it in the garage when I do!

Associate
doesnt the 3ltr have that absurd unusable steering? mate got himslef the z4m with proper steering and that feels really nice, feel comfortable putting the back end out streight away, very controllable

Back
Top Bottom