DS2500 supplier

Soldato
I cannot find any Pagids that fit the 01-06 Civic Ep3, im taking my car in on Monday for some work, ill ask the guy if he can get me a set.

Don't take my word for it mate.
You know how these things work, for god knows whatever the reason certain cars tend to favour certain parts.
My advice would be to ask on an owners club forum or anyone on here who has used different brands of pad with that car.

Soldato
Cheers Tim.

When it comes to brakes, im happy to splash out £180 to try some out... IMO you can never have too good brakes, especially when i intend on doing a few trackdays soon. :)

As for the owners club forums, im taking stuff with a pinch of salt on there, those guys recommended the Parada IIs, which IMO are deadly tyres.

Soldato
Cheers Tim.

When it comes to brakes, im happy to splash out £180 to try some out... IMO you can never have too good brakes, especially when i intend on doing a few trackdays soon. :)

As for the owners club forums, im taking stuff with a pinch of salt on there, those guys recommended the Parada IIs, which IMO are deadly tyres.

I bought Pagids on the advice of others, and can only give you my own confirmed findings.
I could not kill the things.....at all. They're pretty kind to discs, they seem to be invulnerable to fade/dust/lack of cold bite etc etc.

My only criticism is that they can be a little noisy, but I emphasise the word "little".

Soldato
Cheers Tim.

Can't fault you. I simply cant afford to spend £180 on pads. My OE's were £30 delivered!

I've spent £100 on DS2500 before. Never again... they're good but not '£70 better'.

Caporegime
OP
Fitted them with new disks.

Initial impressions: Nice cold bite (better than reds) and the braking is very strong, so strong that it causes the worn suspension bushes to compress and the car goes to the left slightly - doh . So need to get them replaced when it goes in for alignment. Can also fit the Spoon X brace I have had sitting around for over a year.

Pedal feels a lot better though as the whole system has been flushed and replaced with Castrol SRF

Soldato
How long have you had them fitted? Mine seem to have taken a stupidly long time to bed in and were getting better every day. Seem to have settled now and they're brilliant. Cold bite seems fine and when they have been warmed up a bit they feel savage!

Caporegime
OP
How long have you had them fitted? Mine seem to have taken a stupidly long time to bed in and were getting better every day. Seem to have settled now and they're brilliant. Cold bite seems fine and when they have been warmed up a bit they feel savage!

Fitted them Sunday afternoon, bite was good to start with and has got better since. I am looking forward to getting them really warm, only problem if there is a big difference between normal and hot is that sometimes you end up braking too early LOL.

I'm sure they will be great on track, the reds were. One thing I have notice is that the yellows look much better for disks, the reds would literally wear the disks away with a 'bumpy' groved surface.

L1J

L1J

Associate
Take care with them on track, in my experience they do not like extended high temps.

I stayed out on track for about 30+ minutes :)o) once and they left deposits on the disk surface and started to crumble really badly around the edges. They didn't actually fade but got very 'grumbly' towards the end of that stint. I couldn't use the pads or disks again. A friend has experienced similar in his Clio Trophy.

If you're hard on the brakes on track just be aware of it, I've used them on other cars on the road without any problems at all.

L1J

L1J

Associate
Quite strange L1J, people can't seem to be able to kill them on the mx5 on the track!

Agreed, some people seem to get on with them fine.

DS2500s after 2 track days:

DSCF0466-1.jpg

Pagid RS42s after 3 track days:

DSCF0024.jpg

No change in driving style or car setup ;)

Associate
you need the DS3000's then, I had similar probs with the 2500 in the rear of my old cossie (pad looks same shape too). DS 3000's lasted for ages.

Caporegime
OP
you need the DS3000's then, I had similar probs with the 2500 in the rear of my old cossie (pad looks same shape too). DS 3000's lasted for ages.

Its worth bearing in mind that DS3000s aren't really road pad, poor from cold and they produce loads of red hot metal filings that end up embedding themselves in your wheels. Awesome on the track though

Soldato
Interesting thread, the Yellows are only £53 for my car - I may give them a go when I get my discs changed as OE are about £48 anyway. (I was originally looking at DS2500's)

Back
Top Bottom