DS2500 supplier

Caporegime
OP
Might have missed it, but which disks are you using?

Just some plain ones from brakes international.

IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The ONLY thing I don't like about these is people notice the bright yellow pad in the rear caliper sticking out like a sore thumb. Average Jo doesn't have a clue what they are just that they look stupid :p

Luckily I'm used to the banter driving a hairdressers car, but I'm still looking forward to them dulling down and dusting up :o

Caporegime
OP
The ONLY thing I don't like about these is people notice the bright yellow pad in the rear caliper sticking out like a sore thumb. Average Jo doesn't have a clue what they are just that they look stupid :p

Luckily I'm used to the banter driving a hairdressers car, but I'm still looking forward to them dulling down and dusting up :o

The stick on backing pads will block a lot of the yellow.

Caporegime
Fitted them Sunday afternoon, bite was good to start with and has got better since. I am looking forward to getting them really warm, only problem if there is a big difference between normal and hot is that sometimes you end up braking too early LOL.

I'm sure they will be great on track, the reds were. One thing I have notice is that the yellows look much better for disks, the reds would literally wear the disks away with a 'bumpy' groved surface.

Cheers for the report, will be interested to hear what you think after they've done 1k or so.

L1J

L1J

Associate
Sorry - my posts may not have been clear. I actually went for the EBC yellows in the end.

My mistake, after I read the thread properly, your posts are perfectly clear. :)

Will also be keeping an eye on this to see how they cope on track.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I'm very tempted by yellows when I need a new set, although am also very tempted by the Pagids but the price is a bit ouch.

Soldato
As this is already pretty OT... any opinions on Carbotech pads?

My favoured supplier is only able to source me the Pagid Yellows and doesnt recommend them for anything other than track/endurance use, he has recommended Carbotech hand made pads as an alternative.

Soldato
Yeah that's how I'm thinking, might cost twice as much, but will last twice as long.

Even more relevant if you're paying someone to fit the pads, as you'll save one "lot" of labour too. Sorry to bang on about these things but, even putting durability aside for a second, they outperform every other pad I've tried.
I'd consult your owners club forum before laying down your hard earned though.

Soldato
Yeah that's how I'm thinking, might cost twice as much, but will last twice as long.

Whats the best price on the Pagid Blues for the 172 then? I've seen them at Yozzasport for £149 + P&P, £53 deliverd for the Yellowstuff :)

Edit: WTF, they yellowstuffs are now showing as £71 :confused:
Ignore me :o

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea, last time I looked I swear they were cheaper than that lol.

I know the DS2500's are about £100 and the Pagids are normally a bit dearer

I had the Yellows up on at least 3 sites for ~£53 yesterday, I must have had the wrong part number or something becuase everywhere is listing them at £71 today.

Back
Top Bottom