Ducati Panigale on the Autobahn

Man of Honour
As much as I enjoy some twists and turns there is something deeply enjoyable about getting onto an empty motorway and just nailing it every now and again, as the points on my licence will attest to :o

Soldato
As much as I enjoy some twists and turns there is something deeply enjoyable about getting onto an empty motorway and just nailing it every now and again, as the points on my licence will attest to :o

I'm surprised that after having a driving license for 10 years and a bike license for 4.. I've never had a point! *touch wood*

I was working at Western Approach for a while and it's near the old bridge to Wales. There was a nice 2 or 3 mile stretch of flat, often empty, motorway. My R6 on that road was very fun even hitting :pMPH

Man of Honour
I'm surprised that after having a driving license for 10 years and a bike license for 4.. I've never had a point! *touch wood*

I was working at Western Approach for a while and it's near the old bridge to Wales. There was a nice 2 or 3 mile stretch of flat, often empty, motorway. My R6 on that road was very fun even hitting :pMPH

I lasted 4 years riding my SV, within 6 weeks of switching to my Bird I got the points. Not surprising really considering how effortlessly it'll hit :eek:MPH.

Soldato
I lasted 4 years riding my SV, within 6 weeks of switching to my Bird I got the points. Not surprising really considering how effortlessly it'll hit :eek:MPH.

I can't even imagine the powerband on a bird! The first time I felt my powerband I had a new understanding of what speed was!

The floor looks oddly smooth at those speeds...

Soldato
I have only lost my license once for speeding in over 30 years riding not bad as I have no car and use for everything.

Soldato
Honestly that's kind of slow.... I've done more on an s1000rr on the autobahn it's hardly worth bragging about just kinda dumb fun... Interestingly BMW stop registering speed after 299km/h and I wasnt running a GPS so have no idea what the actual speed was.

I think a lot do that due to the "Gentleman's Agreement" between the Japanese manufacturers. A lot of bikes were restricted to 300kmh (186mph), but one manufacturer simply stopped the clocks from exceeding 300kmh whilst the bike kept going, like with yours.

Soldato

There's something deeply satisfying about merging onto a motorway at pace, and then carrying on.*

* when safe
* within limits
* etc

Until on my bike (S1000XR) the front goes light at about 160 mph (it hasn't got much left at that point anyway) and begins to weave all over the place.

Man of Honour
There's something deeply satisfying about merging onto a motorway at pace, and then carrying on.*

* when safe
* within limits
* etc

Until on my bike (S1000XR) the front goes light at about 160 mph (it hasn't got much left at that point anyway) and begins to weave all over the place.
Gives you that Top Gun flyby feeling :D

Soldato
I mean, being really honest with ourselves, isn't being able to hit triple digits very easily on a bike part of the fun? As said, it's not clever or safe but there is something about knowing you only have to twist your wrist that teeny tiny bit more and before you know it you're at :p:eek::DMPH

Caporegime

* when safe
* within limits
* etc

This used to happen on my Piaggio NRG too, although it happened at 150mph. Luckily I was skilled enough to keep the front end down.

Caporegime

* when safe
* within limits
* etc

Is that because of the high suspension etc?

The h2sx stays rock solid right up to "gentleman's agreement" speeds but what I find is unless I'm in a leather onsie the wind starts ripping at mysleeves/arms too much at those speeds.

The wind protection for head and body is near perfect but arms seems to get it a bit at truley silly speeds

Back
Top Bottom