Ducky LED problems

uZi

uZi

Associate
Hi,

I've got a Ducky Shine Zero which is about 18 months old, so outside of the 1 year warranty. I stupidly ignored 1 or 2 LEDs stopping working (Esc and Space key) during the first year and thought I'd just live with it. Since then another 4 or so have stopped working, so now I've got 6 LEDs not working and I wouldn't be surprised if I lose a few more soon.

I already contacted OCUK but they can't help as it's been too long. I'm not sure if Ducky has a rep on these forums anymore, but any help fixing them would be great. Has anyone managed to get dead LEDs working again, either by some soldering or replacing the LEDs on a Ducky keyboard?

Cheers

Soldato
Had a DS3 TLK, 3 repairs in first year, 8 more broke in the second before I binned it and moved on to other manufacturers. Never again.

You can replace the LEDs yourself but it's a pain in the rear to do.

uZi

uZi

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info, guess I'll just put up with it for now and add Ducky to the list of "never agains" :(

Associate
Hi,

I've got a Ducky Shine Zero which is about 18 months old, so outside of the 1 year warranty. I stupidly ignored 1 or 2 LEDs stopping working (Esc and Space key) during the first year and thought I'd just live with it. Since then another 4 or so have stopped working, so now I've got 6 LEDs not working and I wouldn't be surprised if I lose a few more soon.

I already contacted OCUK but they can't help as it's been too long. I'm not sure if Ducky has a rep on these forums anymore, but any help fixing them would be great. Has anyone managed to get dead LEDs working again, either by some soldering or replacing the LEDs on a Ducky keyboard?

Cheers

Hi sorry to hear about the faulty LEDs on your board you can contact us at our UK service centre @ [email protected] and we will see what we can do for you.

Soldato
Thanks for the info, guess I'll just put up with it for now and add Ducky to the list of "never agains" :(
Well I bought a Ducky Shine 3 from OcUK back in April 2014 that has been used daily since then and haven't had a single led fail *touches wood*. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. Any brand can have issues, it just sucks it happened outside of warranty.

I also spilt an entire cup of hot coffee in it and had to open it up to clean it out and it still worked, just had a couple of sticky keys which I fixed by applying some light grease.

The leds should be fairly easy to replace if you know someone that's handy with a soldering iron. It's just a case of de-soldering the old ones and soldering in new ones.

OcUK Staff
Ducky's have a great record in terms of returns. Hardly any unwanted returns or faulty returns.

If Ducky Rep hasn't sorted you out OP - @uZi - then let me look what I can do for you in terms of discount off a new board perhaps?

Let me know :)

Soldato
Well I bought a Ducky Shine 3 from OcUK back in April 2014 that has been used daily since then and haven't had a single led fail *touches wood*. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. Any brand can have issues, it just sucks it happened outside of warranty.

Had mine for a similar amount of time, no issues at all. Everyday use but managed not to give it a coffee bath yet.

Back
Top Bottom