Ducky Shine 5 RGB! Rumors/Information Thread

Associate
Asked in live chat today and theres no ETA apparently on these, I'm hoping some more come in though really want a blue switch shine 5!

Thinking about a secret but not sure I already have a proteus core so I'm not sure the secret will be a worthwhile upgrade?

Associate
Why is there a serious lack of Ducky Shine 5's in the UK? I don't remember this being a problem when the 3's were released.

My 3 has just packed up so I'm desperate for a 5. I'm currently using a non-mechanical one, ewww!

Associate
Got one here (US version though):

kah5D4ol.jpg

eFaf20Pl.jpg

IePyZQpl.jpg

7hCLHg8l.jpg

Not a big fan of the font, but I suppose it goes with the doubleshot territory:

NBxAX9Il.jpg

pGEmmbil.jpg

Also, 2 LEDs were non responsive out of the box. Something I have never seen before, and neither had the Ducky USA service/RMA guys:

bpEbYCIl.jpg

B5xwQmzl.jpg

So it's being packed up for an RMA now. Sadly the reseller in the US has some pretty mediocre policies regarding such things, so I have to pay to get it fixed and wait 2-4 weeks for the repair despite it being well within 30 days of purchase. You guys here have no idea how good you got it with customer support with niche goods lol.

Soldato
Is the 'noise' of the Ducky Shine 5 the same as the Corsair boards? Is that entirely determined by the switches? I've never used a Ducky, but I know the reputation they have for quality etc. but in terms what you HEAR when typing, is there any difference?

Associate
Is the 'noise' of the Ducky Shine 5 the same as the Corsair boards? Is that entirely determined by the switches? I've never used a Ducky, but I know the reputation they have for quality etc. but in terms what you HEAR when typing, is there any difference?

The DS5 has a plastic baseplate with an aluminum finish, so not very different from the Corsair Strafe RGB. Both have Cherry MX keys with the transparent housing which makes the bottoming out sound quieter than with the older opaque housing. Aside from that, it comes down to the keys mostly which isn't a keyboard specific thing.

Associate
I have to say this black switch ducky is a lot quieter than I expected. I have bought a set of rubber O rings but will hold off fitting them for a while.

It also feels better for not having a tactile bump. I had a Corsair blue switch and had to sell it. the slightest touch of an adjacent key registered it. No such problem with the blacks.

Soldato
Are the blacks quieter than the browns then? I tried o-rings on a K70 with browns and still found them too noisy for my liking, so I'm really not sure any mechanical will be quiet enough... even videos of the Cherry MX Silent Switch don't do anything for me. Everything else about Ducky has me wanting to buy one, but ultimately I just don't think I could deal with the noise factor. :(

Associate
Non bottomed out MX Browns are the quietest among the popular Cherry switches. I don't know why people bottom out browns as it is, aside from hectic gaming sessions of course.

Associate
I don't find myself bottoming out that often with browns. I was at first but that was because I have just switched back to them (Shine 5) after using a Shine 4 with MX Greens for a while.

Back
Top Bottom