Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Soldato
OP
Christopher Walken cast as Emporer Shaddam, not sure how I feel about this.

He's an all time great actor and i'm sure it will work out ok, just doesn't feel right at the moment.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Agreed he is the older Geoff Goldblum in that its always the same no matter the roll. I am with you, not quite seeing it myself at the moment.

Soldato
Given the book is supposed to be the bible, and in it the Emperor is described as looking - as would be the case with many of the ruling class - much younger than the 70+ years he is due to spice consumption, I’m a bit meh about this. Should have been someone middle-aged who can do the gravitas thing well.

Don
Christopher Walken cast as Emporer Shaddam, not sure how I feel about this.

He's an all time great actor and i'm sure it will work out ok, just doesn't feel right at the moment.

Walk without rythym and it won't attract the worm...

Indeed :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
LOL that video brings back memories - when I was a lot younger a friend and myself went to a LAN party and around 5am very drunk were trying to use the luggage trolleys in the hotel as go-carts - not quite as nice a place as that but somewhere which took itself seriously... we were almost kicked out.

Soldato
Is it gonna be some kind of Italian mobster themed empiral court?

I struggle to see past his voice, it's ludicrously him, his voice is him.

“I had this spice up my behind for years..”

I think he needs to work hard to loose the walken. He didn't manage it with the uk TV series either.

Actually i think martin freeman could do a evil character if he wanted without over hamming it.

Soldato

A prequel series to the epic Dune saga, which returned to big screens last year with Oscar-nominated director Denis Villeneuve and an all-star cast, this HBO Max TV show rewinds the clock back to when the fabled Bene Gesserit was just the seed of an idea.

Back
Top Bottom