Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Soldato
OP
A bit perplexed by Skarsgard's comments here, surely Baron Harkonnen is more than a small role, granted i've not read the book and only seen the various Lynch versions and the mini-series.

It’s like The Avengers. It’s a delicious cast. I’ve just got the book and am going to read it now. I’m playing a small but important role. Most of all I wanted to work with Denis Villeneuve…I’m just there for the ride.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/bardem-excited-skarsgard-mildly-keen-for-dune/

Soldato
That was something that was added in the movie, and was never in the book, so they may not have it at all.
What do you mean?
Sonicnweapons were added to the film, they called it the wierding way, but the bene gesserit had a weirding way that arced through all of the books, movement at fast pace, attacks faster than normal, the lady jessica tachesbthis to the fremen and they become even better than they were.

Soldato
What do you mean?
Sonicnweapons were added to the film, they called it the wierding way, but the bene gesserit had a weirding way that arced through all of the books, movement at fast pace, attacks faster than normal, the lady jessica tachesbthis to the fremen and they become even better than they were.

Yes, the sonic weapons ie "weirding modules" powered by "sounds of power" were added in the movie. I guess it was too hard to explain the "weirding way" as the combat and mind control techniques used by the Bene Gesserit in the books.

Soldato
OP
Confirmed as two movies:

That changed today as Legendary CEO Joshua Grode, speaking with THR today, confirms that his company is fully onboard with the two-film plan and seems intent on making the sequel:

“That’s the plan. There’s a backstory that was hinted at in some of the books [that we expanded]. Also, when you read the book there’s a logical place to stop the movie before the book is over.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/legendary-confirms-dune-as-two-films/

Soldato
OP
They better hope the first movie does well, or we can kiss part 2 goodbye.

Blade Runner 2049 was a box office disappointment, despite being great.

The article is basically saying they're committed to a second part regardless of how the first does.

BR2049 was a stunningly good movie, shame the BO performance wasn't great.

Soldato
Well, that's a good thing that they are committed to making two films, regardless of box office performance.

I will be very surprised if does any better than Blade Runner 2049 did. Not enough big, loud, stupid or colourful enough for the masses.

Soldato
OP
That was down to Ryan whatsischops imo, just not leading man material (yet?).

He almost put me off going to see it, despite loving DV's past movies and also the original Blade Runner being an all time favourite movie. However he really surprised me in the role and my dislike of him has softened since. I still hate him in Drive though and think it would be a far better movie with someone else in the role.

Back
Top Bottom