Poll: Dutch Grand Prix 2021, Zandvoort - Race 13

Rate the 2021 Dutch Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Not sure about vocal anthem. Feels a bit American sporting event...

Edit: I went a 4 on the poll, but maybe a little high.
I'd never watched a race at this track, and I think it's be decent if F1 cars could go back to being smaller and better.

Caporegime
Will Russell get the same treatment at Mercedes next year?

If you're 100 pts behind your teammate in a title battle you should expect to yield for them.

I don't see Bottas has much to complain about here, the split strategy was his best chance of improving his position, he just failed to make it work. This is far from the utterly compromised races we've seen Ferrari and Red Bull demand from their second drivers.

Associate
Pretty uneventful race overall, not really a great track for proper racing. I'd swap it in for Monaco every year in a heart beat though....

I kind of hoped that Bottas would have kept his foot down at the end and stolen the point :D

Man of Honour
Oh god... I forgot that the sprint race returns at Monza.

Of all the places where qualifying is amazing... yeah, lets ruin it with a sprint race.

Man of Honour
Leclerc pit radio - So P5, p5. Done a really good job. Really good job.

Leclerc - Aaah yeah. I gave it everything. I think pace was strong, just, I thought with the mediums Pierre would degrade a bit more but, they managed their tyres quite well. But yeah, good pace and good feeling overall.

----------

Gasly pit radio - Ok, that's it mate. We made it. We made it. Nice job.

Gasly - Yes! Very happy guys. Very happy. Fantastic job all weekend. Very good job. So, I think it was it was one of our best race. The car was really flying. Very good day. Very good day. I don't know what to say, I'm just just really happy. I setup was great, today was really good as well combined with the strategy and thanks for the car. Next one is Monza.

---------

Russell pit radio - George we've got a gearbox issue, gearbox issue. Will have to box this lap, box box. We've got 3 seconds back to Sainz then Alonso and Perez.

Russell - Do you want a slamming lap, or as normal?

Pit - Just watch your mirrors now, you've got 4 cars close by.

Russell - They're stopping me here.

Pit - Ok, that's fine.

----------

Hamilton radio - Well guys, they were just too fast. This weekend and today, I gave it absolutely everything. But thank you so much for all the hard work as always.

Pit - Thanks Lewis. we knew you'd give it your all. But yeah, great drive. But we'll be bouncing back in Monza.

Man of Honour
Ricciardo pit radio - Ok Daniel, Well done mate, that's P11 I'm afraid. Can I have ACS off, ACS off. That was a big thing to do for the team though. Much appreciated. You drove well mate, well done.

Ricciardo - Yup. Understood. Where did Lando finish?

Pit - Lando was 10th in the end. He got passed by Perez.

Ricciardo - Ok, understood. Uhh. Alright. I'll give feedback after. Yup.

Pit - Pace was good Daniel, the last 15 laps, your pace was the same as Lando on 12-13 lap older tyres. So pace was good.

Ricciardo - Alright. Uuuh.. Monza.

Pit -Monza mate. That one is going to be good I think . A lot of promise for Monza.

Man of Honour
Norris radio - Yeah, I dunno. I should have been able to hold him off. I just struggled a lot as soon as we started doing some of the (unintelligable) and stuff. But anyway, good job. At least a point I think. Better than nothing.

Pit - Yeah pace was strong. Well done.

Soldato
Overall better than expected. I still wouldn't rush to go back there in terms of out and out racing. There were two main spots overtakes tended to happen but it doesn't promote the best racing as it's very hard to follow, and traffic is an issue with interference throughout the whole weekend. I voted a 6 out of 10 just for out and out freshness and something different. I think the main value was in the strategic championship battle up front and without that it would have been must less interesting.

Merc tried everything and I think Hamilton was pretty good in defeat and was a good sportsman the entire race weekend despite how frustrating it must be to just not have a package that can quite match Redbull right now. This is Max's season to lose as they really do have the best car and a capable driver now that has reigned in his immaturity a lot to deliver good drives like today. It's when the on track battles happen that Max looks vulnerable to rash decision making. Redbull will aim to keep sticking it on pole even if they bias the setup more towards quali as they know it's so advantageous to lead with the mercs struggling in the dirty air.

I think in this era we are in, tracks being a "Merc track" or a "Redbull" track is less of a thing. If you have a fast hybrid era car today, it's generally fast everywhere. I think it will be the Max and Ham show all the way to the end but over the course of the rest of the season Max should fairly comfortably pull a gap on Lewis unless we see more anomalies like wet weather or incidents. It's a real shame about Spa and that points were gifted for the non race.

Man of Honour
Vettel pit radio - Ok Sebastian. Chequered flag, chequered flag. That was really strong pace at the end. Really strong.

Vettel - Well it was the only time we had of clear track. What a messed up race. I'm sorry. It was so difficult to get past, I tried, but uhh, it was only the last stint that I could have some laps.

Pit - Well, you were pretty much the fastest car on the track for that whole final stint in clear air. We'll go through it all. Well done. Just take the pickup on the way in. Take the pickup.

Pit - So that's just Verstappen ahead who's won the race.

Vettel - I struggled to really get past on the first stint, and the second. Only until the end when the car switched on and I got into the rhythm and it got better and easier to follow.

Man of Honour
Ocon radio - Good points for the team. This was a strong weekend. I have some areas that I saw this race that we can work on.

Pit - Yup. Plenty to keep improving on. We can keep pushing on. But yeah, good solid weekend so well done. Onwards and upwards.

Man of Honour
Kubica pit radio - That it Robert. Chequered flag. Chequered flag. P15. Well done. Well done. Great job. Very clean race. Good overtakes, so I hope you enjoyed.

Kubica - Copy. Thank you very much. Yeah, not easy but at least, since 2010 I had a car which I could fight something. Such a long break but thank you very much. Thanks guys.

Pit - Thank you Robert. So, Verstappen won as you can hear... and smell... And Hamilton and Bottas on the podium

Last edited:
Associate
Well when he is on a drastically different strategy for most races how is he ever going to compete? Its not an accident that they do this, he's nothing more than a buffer to LH.

So… are you saying Bottas is as fast as Hamilton and the team create strategies to make him slower?

Back
Top Bottom