Poll: Dutch Grand Prix 2021, Zandvoort - Race 13

Rate the 2021 Dutch Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Is Rosberg a permanent fixture at Sky now ? Or is Brundlefly mia for a week ?

Anyone else find him really cringey ?
The arsey way he speaks to Wolf in particular is downright embarrassing and the start line walk trying to get Mercedes people who clearly wanted nothing to do with him to give a thumbs up back, awful.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Mercedes did have a brief window to potentially jump Verstappen - the lap before Verstappen passed Bottas they should have pitted Hamilton for hards. He was a couple of seconds behind Verstappen at the time, but might have made that up with Verstappen having to follow Bottas for a lap. Maybe they were hoping Verstappen wouldn't get past Bottas and they could have closed up a little more first.

Verstappen would probably have had to stay out without a suitable new tyre, but Mercedes weren't going to win by allowing Verstappen to react every time they pitted and following him around. The timing of the second stop where they put Hamilton back into traffic was dreadful.

I voted a 4. A largely dull race in hindsight, but enough strategy and tension to make it worth watching at the time. It certainly wasn't a Monaco.
One issue with that plan... Bottas.

Every time Hamilton has needed him to hold up a rival he (Bottas) will bottle it and lock a wheel or run deep in to a corner, allowing the rival to breeze past.

It was compounded this time because he dropped the ball before the back straight which allowed Max to breeze past him with DRS.

Soldato
I voted 3 and was kinda tempted to vote lower :p

I think having missed the Friday/Saturday buildup I wasn't expecting it to be quite so dull, it was basically as dull as Monaco but when I expect that at Monaco it doesn't feel quite so bad whilst watching... If that makes any sense...

Associate
I voted 3 and was kinda tempted to vote lower :p

I think having missed the Friday/Saturday buildup I wasn't expecting it to be quite so dull, it was basically as dull as Monaco but when I expect that at Monaco it doesn't feel quite so bad whilst watching... If that makes any sense...

100% same.... It was a bit of a snorefest.. the excitement was more around strategy and "is there any chance we might see some action". I don't count overtakes from fastest car on grid starting at back as "action" really...

Its an interesting circuit that needs to be widened - the banking is cool and gave different lines on turn 3 I think but otherwise rather processional....

Still, the Max fans got what they wanted....

Soldato
I'd have preferred some rain for this one and a dry weekend at Spa.
Rain would be interesting at Zandvoort. They don't race in the rain on the ovals in America (understandably given the speeds and increased likelihood of big crashes), yet many of those ovals have less extreme banking than Zandvoort's final corner.

The closest F1 has got is Indianapolis, which is 9 degree banking, and we had a couple of damp races there without issue, but Zandvoort's final corner is a more extreme 18 degrees. No Monza (up to 39 degrees) or Avus (43 degrees) by any stretch, but I'm not sure I'd fancy tackling it on full wets!

Soldato
Utterly boring race, at least Monaco has scenery when it is boring. 3 out of 10.

Oh they need to start putting police in the crowds to arrest the nob heads letting off the orange smoke as well.

Associate
Utterly boring race, at least Monaco has scenery when it is boring. 3 out of 10.

Oh they need to start putting police in the crowds to arrest the nob heads letting off the orange smoke as well.

There were plenty of reports that circuit security were letting people in WITH flares... So probably better they fixed that first ;)

I'd like to see a poll of Best/Worst races of 2021 so far.... For me this one has to come close to worst (if Belgium is NOT allowed as it wasn't a race!!!)

Soldato
I'm not gonna make a new thread for it, any one get the chance to actually got to zandvort this year? Eyeing up a race next year and we have never been to the Netherlands so figured why not tick off another country while doing it.

Tryna work out the best tickets to go for and when tickets will likely be released.

Soldato
I'm not gonna make a new thread for it, any one get the chance to actually got to zandvort this year? Eyeing up a race next year and we have never been to the Netherlands so figured why not tick off another country while doing it.

Tryna work out the best tickets to go for and when tickets will likely be released.

Better off watching paint dry.. the runs may overtake each other

Commissario
It's about the experience and being able to get a city break in as well tbh. Plus next year we don't know what to expect, new regulations will hopefully make every track a great race.
I don't think they'll make that much difference to overtaking.

But I agree with you, it's not just about the race. I rated this weekend higher than a lot of people because I think the whole experience looked great fun. It's a race I'd be happy to go to.

Back
Top Bottom