DVD loud on new xbox360 forza4/sky rim bundle.

Associate
Apologies for starting a thread on this but I recently purchased a xbox360 250GB bundle with the sky rim DL code and basic forza4 game. When a game is running or installing the DVD drive has a really loud hum and when i feel the top of the console the vibration seems too extreme coming from it which is a lot louder that the noise my old glossy slim had. I have already had one exchange through amazon and the new one exhibits the same noise si I can only imagine that it's normal. Has anyone else encountered this.

Associate
I have an Elite and yes this happens to me too.

My Xbox sits on the same desk as my pc and when its on the drive vibrates so much that the mouse curser moves across the screen. Very, very annoying.

Associate
I thought this was pretty much solved on the newer 360s I don't have any complaints with the one I picked up last year. My old 2009 Elite Jasper used to sound like a chainsaw.

The irony is it's mostly MGS games with thick screen print paint on one half of the disc. I guess they're up to their old tricks cost reducing the drives and now they're as bad as the previous ones.

Soldato
Yeah when I had my Xbox 360 slim it was loud when installing games to the HDD, the only other time it did it was in Gears or War 3 where it would spin the disk right through to the game lobby. I installed every game I played.

Top Bottom