• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DVI output from GeForce 7950 GX2

Associate
I have a GeForce 7950 GX2 and a dvi cable but only have a vga slot in the back of my LCD tv. What adapter is it that i need, ad vga-dvi or dvi-vga. Will i notice my loss in quality?

(my tv if helps Samsung 19" LE19R71WX/XEU LCD TV)

thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think this would do you. You'll also need a lead VGA/VGA one (if you didn't get one with your TV).

162502st2.jpg

Going from DVI to VGA, should be about a 2% quailty loss.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks for the advise i will get a DVi cable with it. and was going to use this

soz about competitor link.

will this still work/

Last edited:
Soldato
Tony Williams said:
I think this would do you. You'll also need a lead VGA/VGA one

1. Why get an adapter and a new lead? A dvi to vga lead will have less loss
2. If you adapt the dvi cable it will need to have the adapter at the monitor end and it may stick down to far.
3. If its not a DVI-I cable then it won't work.
4. Or use the adapter supplied with the card and get a vga-vga lead.

If it were me I'd get a new DVI-I Male to VGA Male cable of an auction site for a few quid, not much more than an adapter.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
as im getting the graphics card in a package deal with Mesh, I doubt that i will get the adapters that i need.

Last edited:
Soldato
Danzla said:
is this the cable i wil need/?

as im getting the graphics card in a package deal with Mesh, I doubt that i will get the adapters that i need.
Right cable, yes. You can get one a lot cheaper than that. And you should get the adapters x 2, they don't know what monitors you have.

P.S. the links to ******** might not be a good idea.

Associate
OP
fornowagain said:
Right cable, yes. You can get one a lot cheaper than that. And you should get the adapters x 2, they don't know what monitors you have.

P.S. the links to ******** might not be a good idea.

Why do i need 2x adapters, is it because the 7950 gx2 would require me linking two cables? as its two G/c in one?

Last edited:
Soldato
Danzla said:
Why do i need 2x cables, is because my graphics card would require me linking two cables? as its two G/c in one?
You don't need two cables, but it can run two monitors one one each DVI-I port, hence two adapters are supplied as standard.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks everyone for your advise, i will let you know how the samsung hooks up. although the resolution will be 1366 x 768 max, when a monitor could do much higher (i dnt think i will notice as ill be running the g/c on max everything).

Im sure that as ill be flicking between 360/pc/tv and using photo manipulation that this tv will ultimatly be better than a monitor.

Back
Top Bottom