1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVLA Rant!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Orionaut, May 7, 2019.

1. Orionaut

Soldato

Just a Rant really.

******* useless government departments...

Just got a New-Old car.

I have the new V5C (In my name)

Trying to SORN it because I dont wish to use it just now.

On line wont work, Apparently SORN unsuccessful because old owner hasn't informed DVLA of the change of ownership and I should wait for the new V5C and try gain (Remember what I just said about just having received V5C in my name! :rolleyes: )

No matter thinks I, I will phone, talk to a real person and all that.

Nope, too easy. Phone system simply attempts to go through the process via a machine where I have to use the information on my new V5C (which apparently doesn't exist :rolleyes:) with no option for trying to talk to a real person!

ARRRGHhhrrr!

(I think I will just wait a couple of days and try again)

2. Freakbro

Capodecina

Probably best to wait, I mean you don't want to get your blood pressure too high at your age ;):p

Odd that the V5 details aren't being recognised though...

I had a similarly frustrating experience recently trying to find out about a lost deposit made at the post office and there wasn't a single option in the whole of the automated telephone system (and I tried them all) that just got me through to a person, it all either just ended the call or pointed me to the website to contact them.

3. Orionaut

Soldato

Dont' get me started on that sort of thing...:mad:

Internet connection goes down, Phones provider

An eternity of telephone-tree options, none of which apply, finished off with a load of waffle about "Did you know that help is available on-line" :rolleyes:

Its like "There's a hole in my Bucket!" sometimes

4. Vita

Capodecina

Try the numberplate option. Press some buttons and it should take you through to a person. Then explain the v5 issue.

5. Danm54

Wise Guy

Have you tried using the number on the new keeper slip?

I've also had a weird thing where I've had to select the existing owner (or something) option rather than the new owner. If you've got a V5 in your name you're not a new owner, even if you've just bought it.

6. Clarkey

Capodecina

Don't get me started with the DVLA. Thanks to them sending me out of date information I sent payment £5 short for tax & registration of my new car and they rejected the application. Now I'm over a month down the line and still don't have reg having had to re-apply. Why the **** do I have to do this via snail mail with cheques, is it 1990 or what? Fuming this is taking so long tbh, back before the tory scum shut down the DVLA offices you could go to the local office and register a car there and then but now you can't even do it in person if you go to Swansea.

7. hyperseven

Soldato

If it's one where you have to say the commands down the phone keep shouting 'agent'. Works with PayPal puts you through to a human straight away.

8. Puzzled

Soldato

They are useless, I tried to contact them to see what I could do about a colour change on the V5 as the car was incorrectly registered as being black when it is in fact a very dark blue so was changed by a previous owner years ago but it now shows up as a colour change warning on a HPI check.

Filled out the form online, received an email to send more details, received another email for more info and then the response was "can you write to us" :rolleyes:

9. robj20

Sgarrista

I think if you also mash the buttons it sends you through to talk to someone.