DXRacer chairs. Anyone got one? can OcUK look into sourcing some?

Soldato
I see no retailer in the UK online or off that sell these chairs and they are suppose to be hot ****. They are all over the pro gaming circuit, every athlete sitting in a DXRacer.

Associate
I own one, OH/D03/N to be more specific. No grumbles from me, it was easy to assemble, it's comfortable and it looks great. Build quality seems good, but only time will tell.

I brought mine for £200 delivered from an auction website, new, so saved about £50 by not buying direct.

Looking at the AK Racing chairs OCUK sell. I'd say they more than likely are made by the same people over in China. So they will be the same, apart from branding.

Associate
GT Omega chairs are more price friendly but don't look as tidy as AK or DX.

What do you mean by not "as tidy" ?

They seem to be pretty popular, probably as popular in the UK as the DX Racer is in the US so wondering if they are cutting corners to get the price lower?

Their gaming rigs, as opposed to office chairs, look nice

Soldato
What do you mean by not "as tidy" ?

They seem to be pretty popular, probably as popular in the UK as the DX Racer is in the US so wondering if they are cutting corners to get the price lower?

Their gaming rigs, as opposed to office chairs, look nice

I've had all three.
GT Omega, was a pain to put together as the screw holes DO NOT line up for the back and front, I had to get my dad to twist it into the right position while I forced the screws in. Every time you moved it would make a noise like metal hitting metal, nothing was the matter just the mechanism on the bottom just wasn't working correctly. The arm's where also very stiff and would only move if I forced them. Stitching was decent but a few off peices where it wasnt lined up right. Also the recline wasn't smooth it was in notches which you could really feel. It went back for a full refund, they paid for pick up.
AK Racing (I got the premium one), pretty nice, was simple enough to put together and looks the business. However, again the mechanism on the bottom was making noises when moving like metal hitting middle, and the side pieces which cover the connecting mechanism are just awful, they are not designed for the chair, are made of very cheap and thin plastic, mind decided to just snap of while I was at work, one of the sides on the floor with a hole in it. Stitching was great though and the recline was decent enough....Sent it back.
DX racer (I have DXRACER OH/DF51/NW), went together perfectly, everything lines up, stitching is great, padding is great, and NO noise what so ever when moving, smooth motion of the back recline with no noise. My only quibble is the arm rests (seems to be a common issue with these types of arm rests) are wobbly, but its the design of the rests so can't really complain.

Overall for the money GT Omega is not worth it too many issues
AK racing is worth it as long as you can put up with lackluster quality.
DX racer is VERY worth it.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had all three.
GT Omega, was a pain to put together as the screw holes DO NOT line up for the back and front, I had to get my dad to twist it into the right position while I forced the screws in. Every time you moved it would make a noise like metal hitting metal, nothing was the matter just the mechanism on the bottom just wasn't working correctly. The arm's where also very stiff and would only move if I forced them. Stitching was decent but a few off peices where it wasnt lined up right. Also the recline wasn't smooth it was in notches which you could really feel. It went back for a full refund, they paid for pick up.
AK Racing (I got the premium one), pretty nice, was simple enough to put together and looks the business. However, again the mechanism on the bottom was making noises when moving like metal hitting middle, and the side pieces which cover the connecting mechanism are just awful, they are not designed for the chair, are made of very cheap and thin plastic, mind decided to just snap of while I was at work, one of the sides on the floor with a hole in it. Stitching was great though and the recline was decent enough....Sent it back.
DX racer (I have DXRACER OH/DF51/NW), went together perfectly, everything lines up, stitching is great, padding is great, and NO noise what so ever when moving, smooth motion of the back recline with no noise. My only quibble is the arm rests (seems to be a common issue with these types of arm rests) are wobbly, but its the design of the rests so can't really complain.

Overall for the money GT Omega is not worth it too many issues
AK racing is worth it as long as you can put up with lackluster quality.
DX racer is VERY worth it.

Thanks Matsy, that is really helpful. The D series of the DX Racer was also the one I was looking at. A little pricey though but may be worth it f the quality is there.

Associate
I have also come across another chair that seems similar in construction to the three already mentioned.

Has anyone seen or tried the Maxnomic seats ?

It appears these are made by Need for Seat who used to be a DX Racer distributor but since started making their own seats.

Associate
I asked a question on here the other week about ocuks chairs a member of staff said that they in talks with dx so may stock them in future.

I gave in and ordered from dx the chair is very comfy no marks scratches went together quick & easy also got the mouse pad attachment which is genius and what made me go dx
P1000118_zpsd87dfdd0.jpg
[/URL]G]

Last edited:
Associate
its the d series seems to be well made & padding feels as if it will last well. its a shame I just see in the other thread they not coming to ocuk

Associate
I'll be getting a DX Racer no doubt, Which series of DX Racers is the equivalent of the Premium AK Racing chair?

Associate
I bought one after trying it at Insomnia 49, Most comfortable desk chair I've ever sat in, quick and easy to assemble. I've sat in it for up to 12 hours and have had no problems. I recommend them highly.

Back
Top Bottom