DXRacer Maximum Series Gaming Chair End User Review

Soldato
So, I was at an event with the OcUK gents and they had all these fancy chairs on their stand. IIRC, they had the AK racer ones. As I'm a man of science, I made sure I spent a few hours sat down to ensure that the chairs were working ok ;) . I did like these chairs and one thing really stood out for me... leather felt far better than fabric.

When I got home, I started to look into buying one and noticed that OcUK had actually got stock of DXRacer chairs!!! I had seen a few threads about them recently asking what they were like, and they are something that ive always looked into, but didnt want to order due to them being 300 euros and then you have to pay shipping and what ever import tax they will charge at customs.

With them at OcUK at just short of £275 its still a hefty price tag, but at least you know the cost straight away and its next day delivery. As mentioned, I've seen a few threads about these and since I pulled the trigger one one I thought I'd take a few snaps and give you my thoughts!

I chose the DXRacer Maximum in black and orange (they didn't have white and orange =( ) sooooo, lets have a look at it!

So, the box. Bloody HUGE! and no handles, so do be careful when lifting, its not overly heavy, but its awkward!

9E4M2kkh.jpg

Aaaaah, Working? pff. we don't want any of that around here.

N4mSK3Uh.jpg

Opening the box gets us to this! its got a lot of protective foamy stuff in, and due to how well its packed in, it doesn't particularly need to be thick. It certainly did a good enough job of protecting the product which is all that matters.

y4mfYtFh.jpg

Im not exactly sure why I was surprised, but every individual part of this chair is wrapped, maybe its because I'm used to spending a hundred quid on a chair that will only last me a few years and they just come in a box with some cardboard separating the layers...if your lucky.

DAfhBWgh.jpg

it has a head rest and lumbar support to add a bit of comfort... I don't know if i will use the headrest at all (I'm a short arse and generally sit with my head away from the chair) but the lumbar support does interest me, because I have slouched for years, I think this will help stop me get a bad back after a long session working gaming.

JqthoHdh.jpg

Even this starfish of doom is not just wrapped once, but double wrapped for her protection.

qJEh9drh.jpg

You also get this box. I was slightly worried that it seemed to have breathing holes in...

0UdfvPLh.jpg

Nope, nothing sinister, just a load of bits!

FLpxF7Vh.jpg

sooo, foom left to right....

Dwarf golf clubs, 5 wheels, one of those flip out camping cups, a couple of bits of plastic, some kind of detonation charge and 2 little packs. One is instructions the other are 5 bits of plastic!

ZOcqrdgh.jpg

You also get a tool!! "AAAALL HAIL THE TOOL!!!" this meant I didnt have to go rummaging around my toolbox to find the right sized allen key which is always nice <3

2w7wmfEh.jpg

So, I started to put it together as per instructions...

Get out the starfish of death.

j54G5yUh.jpg

force the wheels and the little plastic things into his arms, and also put a big tube of metal into what I hope is his mouth.

MIic825h.jpg

These little bits of plastic are meant to be some kind of foot rest I believe. Whilst I'm typing this, I haven't got a chance to reach them with my stumpy legs so for me they are just for decoration. I'm not sure if long legged folks rest their feet on them easily, I've never been tall =(

CKxr8avh.jpg

Out of the bag, you can see that the chair does have a rather nice quality finish to it. Most of the complaints I've seen about the other brands of racing chair to do with the stitching and the plastic covers, so I thought id grab some pics of the stitching first. I unfortunately failed my masters in embroidery and sewing, so I'm not exactly sure what to look for in "good quality" stitching, but all of it on this chair seems straight, tight and there are no loose ends! Thats got to be good right?!

UGtxFoph.jpg

The logo is obviously machine embroidered.

xdDIeZUh.jpg

Stitching on the corners of the chair are very precise.

3icO9JZh.jpg

the edges of the chair, again have multiple rows of stitching and all of them are parallel and neat.

rclqIyph.jpg

Stitching between the 2 different colours is almost invisable making for a rather nice finish overall.

BOleINvh.jpg

So after sitting looking at stitching for 20 mins (I know, the fun we can have!!!!) we have to attach the back of the cair to the bottom. Its as easy as pie, just line up the holes and use the tools and bolts provided to attach it. Simples.

wsc00Fdh.jpg

the plastic covers then go on, as mentioned, people were complaining about some of the other brands being flimsy? Not with this bad boy. they have multiple lugs to ensure a good strong fit and the plastic is quite thick too so it gives a nice strong finish. I don't think I dare to attempt to pull it off though, it seems to feel very much part of the chair now rather than an added extra.

wVCwkpeh.jpg

Aaaah, yes. this handle. Now. i should have explained at the bit above that 1 side of the bracket that holds the back of the chair is loose. the other side isnt. The side that isn't has this handle attached to it. If I was you, I wouldn't touch this little lever until you have fitted the back. This is a spring loaded lever of evilness that made the bracket I was trying to fit jump at my throat! (or just spring forward a little bit as intended)

It's basically just the controls for the back rest, it is spring loaded though!

HcE3Ss1h.jpg

After the back is fitted to the bottom, just add this litlle nifty thing and then use the two little dwarf golf club things and put them onto the metal bars, turns out they are leavers!

5K5Bp4th.jpg

So, the final product (apologies about them being in my kitchen, Its a rather large chair though, so i couldn't really use the backdrop haha)

emFVShsh.jpg

The flash makes the orange look far more yellow than it is. Its not, its a very deep orange indeed. Very nice.

j4ZKYNZh.jpg

again, some more stitching just to show you the quality of it.

WFPxmrLh.jpg

the cushion stitching is just as good.

VNtW7eXh.jpg

the lumbar support is nice and plush

LqvP153h.jpg

The chair arms are able to be moved up, down, left, right forwards and backwards on the arm rest itself, and you can even undo the bolts under the chair and move them wider if you have a bigger frame.

XCofEfeh.jpg

Branding picture!

u9kZTSph.jpg

The headrest!

PxnxSAXh.jpg

Right, that's pretty much it really! To wrap it up:

I will say that it's a very high-quality chair, it's comfortable and it does try and guide you onto a correct posture. It's very sturdy and so far I am very impressed.

Pros:

Very sturdy
Very good looking
Bright oranges
Great Stitching
Lots of adjustment so you should be able to get comfortable pretty easy
quick and easy to build

Cons:
A little bit pricey, but you do get what you pay for.

Also, i just want to say a huge thank you to OcUK in particular to 5UB (thanks dude!) and also John ( i don't know your forum name :o)

I created the order for this chair with 5UB and whilst we were talking i noticed John post on facebook a picture of some lollies. These lollies kept me going at I54, they were all over the OcUK stand and they are gorgeous! I posted saying this on Johns wall post and low and behold, when i opened my box for my DXRacer, these were inside!!!

wUbjxhph.jpg

Thanks beauts <3

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice review. Makes me want one. How's the comfort for long sessions?
Would be next to useless for me with a standing desk though. Would you recommend for daily tv viewing usage? (Can get rid of sofas)

Soldato
OP
Very nice chair, have one of these on my list for a future purchase :)

I dont think you will be dissapointed!!!

Nice review. Makes me want one. How's the comfort for long sessions?
Would be next to useless for me with a standing desk though. Would you recommend for daily tv viewing usage? (Can get rid of sofas)

So far ive been on it since i posted this (bar a few short breaks) and im still very comfortable. I dont think that it would really suit as a chair for in the living room or for watching TV though as this sorts out your posture and tries to get you sit more upright. watching TV i would rather lounge about a bit more.

Man that chair looks comfy :D Nice review Dave

It is :D i do rather enjoy it so far, far better than my old one

Associate
Nice review, man.

The DXRacer Maximum does look beastly. I'm in the market for one myself having looked at reviews and videos of some GT Omega Racing, AK Racing and other DXRacer chairs. The DXRacers seems to have a noticeable edge in production quality albeit with a price premium.

Looking on the DXRacer US site they seem to stock a range of slightly different Maximum chairs (as per the pictures below) in addition to the chairs stocked by OcUK. Are you guys planning to get any of these Maximums in stock soon?

xXw0Hta.jpg

jxeQPxK.jpg

0x6kjX2.jpg

Soldato
OP
bigger than the markus i would say, this chair kind of "wraps around" you more. it also feels like it has a taller back.

day #2 and still very comfortable. ive been in it a lot to day also. i have had a little bit of pain in my wrist, but i believe this is due to me now sitting correctly rather than slouching. I have noticed that my typing speed is quicker as i seem to have my hands in the correct place more often though.

Today i have written a hell of a lot at my PC which usually i would take a break... all i did today was grab a subway and get back to work, so something feels better, just cant quite put my finger on what :)

also BrynS I will get someone from OcUK answer that asap :)

Associate
Im so tempted to pull the trigger of this and have been watching reviews on YouTube. What is the max weight for this. Im 6ft 3 and 18 stone and not sure if these are big enough (for height and weight).

Associate
also BrynS I will get someone from OcUK answer that asap :)
Cheers man.

As others mentioned, please let us know how you comfortable you find it after a couple more days use. How far forward does the back of the seat extend btw? Can it be adjusted to lean further forward than the default position I linked in those pictures of Maximums from the US site?

I've e-mailed the guys from the new EU DXRacer site and they've come back to me to say that they're expecting some new M and K-series chairs in stock at the end of May so hopefully OcUK will get some of them in then as well. I see from US site that DXRacer have launched new console chairs as well as the new Iron range of PC gaming chairs (similar styling to the new Max range but they're slightly bigger with softer sponge density).

Soldato
OP
I was in it all day yesterday (seriously, from around 6 am till 12 pm =( so much work....)

The only thing I noticed was that I kept going back to my old slouching ways, which then made my arse go numb... Obviously it's rare that I'd be sat at my computer for that long but a lot of work and GTA5 made it a bit of a long session. It was still far more comfortable than my old chair, I doubt I'd even be able to spend half the time in my old chair without feeling crippled.

Djwilliams I will try and find out for you buddy, I wouldn't have thought you would have any problems though. I'm not the smallest guy (weight wise) and there is plenty of room for me in it, height wise, I'm almost a midget, but there is plenty of things you can change the hight of.

I belive the chair sits up so that it's at around a 90 degree angle. When I'm next home I will confirm for you =)

Soldato
Just ordered a DXRacer Maximum - OH/MY01/N

Not so bothered about the neon colours, as I like black and this seems to fit the bill nicely.

Will be here tomorrow hopefully.

After looking at the chair I am currently sitting on which is 5 years old, it is looking tatty now, plus some bolts are missing from it so the back moves and something on the bottom plate (so it rocks left to right!) and the height adjustment is knackered. lol :p

So a good time to have a new chair!

Looking forward to it.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Awesome I hope you like it! Let me know if you think the same as me! I'm certainly missing mine now I'm back at work. =(

No worries Gary! I've got a lot on soon, you can come round for play date.... I have some new hardware on its way.... Did someone mention Ares 3 ;)

Back
Top Bottom