DXRacer Maximum Series Gaming Chair End User Review

Soldato
These "gaming chairs" are garbage compared to a proper office chair like the Herman Miller Aeron, which is what I am sat in now.

Just looked up that Herman Miller Aeron. . .

Hope you did not pay much for that. My god awful looking chair!

Overpriced junk.

If someone gave that to me for free I'd take it down the tip with the rest of the garbage.

:p

I'll take a DXRacer Maximum any day.

:cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Just looked up that Herman Miller Aeron. . .

Hope you did not pay much for that. My god awful looking chair!

Overpriced junk.

If someone gave that to me for free I'd take it down the tip with the rest of the garbage.

:p

I'll take a DXRacer Maximum any day.

:cool:

Lol that cracked me up. Go and try one out. Or failing that read a review of one. These Subaru Impreza bucket-seat racer chairs are for 14 year old kids who don't really give adamn about ergonomics. Once you get old like me you need a chair that fully supports your back, not one that looks like it came out of crashed boy racer's car.

Soldato
I'd have an Aeron tomorrow and i've just stopped being a teen. :p

No doubting these may be comfortable, but are they really almost three times (I didn't pay what IKEA charge now :D) better than an IKEA Markus?

Last edited:
Associate
I'd have an Aeron tomorrow and i've just stopped being a teen. :p

No doubting these may be comfortable, but are they really almost three times (I didn't pay what IKEA charge now :D) better than an IKEA Markus?

I got mine fully refurbished in 99% brand new condition for under 300 quid. A 10p size piece of black paint has come of one the legs but other than that mint condition. Everything on these chairs is fully adjustable and they are built to last a lifetime.

Soldato
Lol that cracked me up. Go and try one out. Or failing that read a review of one. These Subaru Impreza bucket-seat racer chairs are for 14 year old kids who don't really give adamn about ergonomics. Once you get old like me you need a chair that fully supports your back, not one that looks like it came out of crashed boy racer's car.

Still fugly overpriced junk.

Could not give a monkeys about any reviews on it.

Ugly is ugly.

It's not worth it weight in scrap metal.

Enjoy your Jerry Atric's chair.

Soldato
yes lets compare a £925 office chair to a gaming chair..... refurbs or not still comparing a sofa to a foot stall really.

try not to derail the OP's thread further thank you

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can DSR a chair to OCUK even after you've put it all together? £250 is a lot of money (for me at least) to spend on a chair so if it just didn't feel right i'd want to send it back and try a different one.

Soldato
OP
Just to say i have used a Herman Miller Aeron, but not for a long period of time... they are VERY comfy. 600 pounds more comfy than the DX racer? well, no not for me. thats why i went for the DX.

If you can afford the HMA, then yeah, grab one, if not, i would suggest this.

Associate
Hi Davido, were you able to take the chair measurements at all please? I'm going to use them to decide between an AK Racing Nitro or the DX Racer. I suspect the answer is neither will fit the space I have, but i'll have to put up with that!

Associate
Hi Davido, I have a question, if you happen to be around your chair with a tape measure! If the arm rests move in and out (ie left and right, as opposed to forward and back), can you see the width between the 2 outer edges please? Also if chair and arm rest height were set to max and min position, how high the top of the arm rest is from the ground? Im trying to get a chair that fits under my desk, between 2 integral pedestals built into the desk. Im looking at a max width (and ive assumed that will be at the arm rests) of 610mm and height of 590mm (i wondered about max height as i could perhaps ramp them up and the arm rests sit on the desk, the seat under it, and I can tuck it under the desk that way.
Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!

Hi I bought one of these about a month ago and couldn't be happier with it. In answer to your size questions -

Width between out edges of arms (max/min)
72cm - 69cm

This is without adjusting how the arms are mounted to the base as there is some adjustability on them by moving the bolts. Looking at the slots I reckon you could make it narrower overall by 2cm.

2015-04-26%2020.00.18_zpskcyptrhj.jpg

Height ( loaded with me....13 st )
min ( arms and height down ) max (arms and height up)
62.5cm - 78cm

Measurement at full height to underside of arm ( if you wanted it to go over your desk )
74.5cm

2015-04-26%2019.59.13_zpscdit2fye.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
oooh, of course, sorry i forgot!!

so, from outer edge of the 2 arm rests is 65cm.
with the chair at full height, and the arm rests up, the space between the floor and the arm rests is 71cm and with the chair and arm rests at the lowest position its 61cm.

the leather part of the chair is 50cm.

If i understand what you are saying correctly, you should be able to put the leather bit of the chair under the table with the arms resting on top? not sure how practical it would be for you though.

hope these are the measurments you needed, if not give me a shout

ZZxT1AXl.jpg

ooou, beaten to it, and yes, i forgot about the adjustment underneath.

Back
Top Bottom