DXRacer Maximum Series Gaming Chair End User Review

Associate
Hi Goose,

I've just put mine together and it looks like yours with a gap between the back and the seat.

A question for you now - when you put yours together was the left-hand side connector panel completely loose/free-floating forward and backwards? The right-hand side is fixed on mine as it is controlled by the release arm but the left-hand side was completely free-floating.

I'm going to give mine a few days, but right now, I'm not sure it is worth the best part of £300. Mine didn't even seem all that "new" when I took it out of the packaging (a small piece of plastic had broken off from one of the side areas and it had marks on the seat base where you sit). Not suggesting that it isn't new, but it just doesn't look like you'd expect a new nearly-£300 chair to look straight out of the packaging.

All the best,

Moley

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone? :(

Really need to know if this needs to go back or not.

I have the older model OH/D03/N so not sure what the equivalent is now.

However there is a small gap at the back. It's difficult to explain as it was a while ago that I assembled it but when I first installed it the gap was on a slant, I loosened (think I removed) the bolts that I had put in when putting the back on and spent more time aligning it properly and it was OK so you could try that. There is a small gap still but to be honest I use the back best cushion at the bottom so I can see anything anyway :

DXR.jpg

sorry for poor pic.

Soldato
A question for you now - when you put yours together was the left-hand side connector panel completely loose/free-floating forward and backwards? The right-hand side is fixed on mine as it is controlled by the release arm but the left-hand side was completely free-floating.

Moley

Yeah the left was loose for me too. I'm also thinking of sending mine back. It's a lot firmer than I was hoping it would be and the head rest doesn't come out far enough for it comfortable for me to use, even with detachable cushion thing.

I have the older model OH/D03/N so not sure what the equivalent is now.

However there is a small gap at the back. It's difficult to explain as it was a while ago that I assembled it but when I first installed it the gap was on a slant, I loosened (think I removed) the bolts that I had put in when putting the back on and spent more time aligning it properly and it was OK so you could try that. There is a small gap still but to be honest I use the back best cushion at the bottom so I can see anything anyway :

sorry for poor pic.

Yeah i think the gap is there for when you put the back as far back as it goes.

Associate

That is by design, obviously, else to recline you'd need to pull on 2 levers...

Both sides are bolted to the same back piece, and on limited rotating points, it isn't going anywhere on its own whilst the one side is locked.

Had mine for a couple of days. I agree the back is possibly short for the super tall gentleman without the pillow, but I think that enormous pillow is why its for the larger person as it supports the back of your head right at the top of the back. I've pulled mine a little further down for a slight better support and I'm 6'2" if that helps. It supports my whole spine.

I love mine though. Good support, and I'm glad mine isn't softer. Never feel properly supported if things are too soft.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to remove the heavy metal seat mechanism from the gas lift? Assembly is easy enough as you just plonk it on top but it doesn't come off so easily (or at all).

Associate
Good luck with that...

According to Youtube, you need a hammer and a plumber's wench and the gaslift will then be damaged so unlikely to be able to be returned to overclockers.

It looks like the chair may have to be returned with the seat attached to the gaslift, which, I suspect, means that it won't all fit in the original box :(

Soldato
Good luck with that...

According to Youtube, you need a hammer and a plumber's wench and the gaslift will then be damaged so unlikely to be able to be returned to overclockers.

It looks like the chair may have to be returned with the seat attached to the gaslift, which, I suspect, means that it won't all fit in the original box :(

I saw that video but it only shows how to remove it from the chrome caster base, not from the mechanism thingy on top.

OCUK told me that it can be returned if fully disassembled so if it turns out that cant be done without causing damage i'll raise one hell of a stink.

Associate
Please let me know how you get on, as I#m thinking that mine will be going back as well.

I think another challenge will be getting the side plastic "covers" off without damaging the locator pins inside.

Personally, I think it will be pretty difficult to get the chair dismantled without causing any damage at all; to may places/points where something could go wrong :(

Before I bought mine, I used the Live Chat facility as I was convered about buying a chair that I hadn't been able to try beforehand, and spoke with OC who told me that it is a simple process to return items to them so I hope that is the case otherwise I'm not sure what recourse we will have if we have to gamble with getting the chair apart without causing any damage.

All the best,

Moley

Last edited:
Soldato
The plastic covers over the bolts that hold the two parts of the seat together take quite a lot of force to remove, it feels like they'll snap before they come off but in the end they did come off with no obvious damage.

Back
Top Bottom