Dynaudio Emit M20 + Rega Elex-R + ? DAC

Sol

Sol

Associate
Hi,

I'm coming from an Audioengine A5 active setup and want a decent upgrade on sound so I've decided to take my first proper venture into Hifi aka the loony bin :D. Initially was planning on buying blind which is a bit of a no-no so demoed some speakers/amps yesterday and liked the M20/Elex-R the best. I'm likely to be streaming music mostly via Spotify or possibly Tidal although I do have a heap of CDs. Bit of a noob when it comes to audio so have a question for the sages of OCUK :)

I don't have any existing kit so I'm just going to get the M20 and Elex-R initially but I will need to be able to connect my TV/consoles/laptop to the speakers as well. The shop I am going to buy from are offering to sell me a CYP aud3-192 DAC to take the Samsung one-connect optical out and allow RCA to connect to the amp. That would likely satisfy the requirements for allowing me to connect my consoles/tv to the one-connect, then output the optical to DAC, however, is this likely to sound pants? I could just get a cheap Filo D03k also. The other option I've got is to get something like the Yamaha WCX-50, R-N602 or Onkyo C-N7050 to give me more options for streaming, playing CDs, headphone socket and such like but not sure if their DAC would give more noticeable improvement or not. I've also got a Chromecast audio which I think I can connect direct to the amp via the 3.5mm jack to rca cable. Any recommendations on DAC choice?

Back
Top Bottom