E3 2021 - June 12 - 15

Soldato
I started a thread in the PC Games forum, but there's not much interest there either. It's at times like these it seems dumb having two separate forums - just diluting potential conversation.

Anyway, Starfield, Back 4 Blood PvP, and Elden Ring are the expected trailers I want to see most. I'd also be very happy if the rumours of an Arkane-developed vampire game are true! Firaxis are allegedly developing a Marvel flavoured XCom type game, but I'm not sure if it's due to be shown next week.

And if I was plucking wishes out of thin air (and so not based on any actual rumour), then I'd love a new Splinter Cell game. It's been too long Ubi.

Caporegime
I used to love watching this on GameSpot but I'm still pretty excited to see what Geoff Keighley has up his sleeve for Thursday night.

All these new games that are shown - I'm lucky if I play one or two of them in the end. I seem to be stuck in a not-quite-retro bubble playing and re-playing games that were around in the Xbox 360/PS3 era. Game Pass is managing to sort me out a little bit though, mostly with titles that are "Leaving Soon" as I then feel an urgency to stop whatever I'm doing and concentrate on those. But there's still a multitude of modern titles on there that I could be playing but can't be arsed to. :p

Caporegime
I'm hoping that Ubisoft+ gets added to Game Pass Ultimate or has its own separate subscription - for both Xbox and PlayStation. Would really help with my Assassin's Creed marathon.

Man of Honour
This is the first e3 in a long time that I’m interested in. Nintendo hardware and first party software, and Xbox game pass and acquisitions are what I’m interested in.

Soldato
This is the first e3 in a long time that I’m interested in. Nintendo hardware and first party software, and Xbox game pass and acquisitions are what I’m interested in.
Same - I'm genuinely looking forward to it now.

One of the GiantBomb guys compiled the traditional timetable. It's missing one or two minor events I'd have been interested in, but otherwise it has most of the big events happening over the next week or two.

https://twitter.com/MarinoV1/status/1402253141509279744?s=20

Bear in mind that the WB event is for Back 4 Blood only afaik.

Soldato
Elden Ring was the highlight, but I'm happy to see a new JW Evolution which will hopefully improve on the first. And even though it was only a tiny snippet, I'm still liking the look of Back 4 Blood more and more. There were a few other nice looking projects there too. Planet of Lana looked lovely. Oh and I'd love to go for a few beers with Giancarlo Esposito and Jeff Goldblum.

Soldato
Aren't we getting the next Forza Motorsport next?

There have been rumours Horizon 5 will be this year set in Mexico or Japan. Motorsport still a year or two away. We should know what's true or not this weekend.

Motorsport 7 was 2017
Horizon 4 was 2018

So it could be either really, they were alternate years up until then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom