E60 M5 rear bumper...should I / Shouldn't I?

Man of Honour
Pointless, pointless, pointless. Why the hell you want more exhausts is beyond me. LEAVE IT ALONE and spend the money on something classy, like Dice or a CB Radio.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14926636 said:
Where did I say that? :confused:

If quad pipes are reserved for M5's perhaps you need to let Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ferrari, Audi, Mercedes Benz and the other manufacturers who use them know.
I never said "only BMWs can have quad pipes", and since we're just talking about BMWs it should be patently obvious exactly what I meant so stop acting dumb and/or twisting my words please.

Since you apparently need it spelt out for you - which E60 5 series other than the M-series have quad tailpipes?

[TW]Fox;14926636 said:
The only trolling in this thread is from you and is less than subtle. What is your point, do you even have one?
The point is that you're usually the first to cry foul when someone talks about doing any "masquerading as a better/more expensive model" modification to their car, yet when someone suggests "doing a diesel up to look like an M-series" it's perfectly fine because it's a BMW, or because "it's a big car".

Man of Honour
I never said "only BMWs can have quad pipes", and since we're just talking about BMWs it should be patently obvious exactly what I meant so stop acting dumb and/or twisting my words please.

Since you apparently need it spelt out for you - which E60 5 series other than the M-series have quad tailpipes?

I'm still not exactly sure what you are wittering on about. Where did all this 'as long as its a BMW' stuff in your post come from anyway?

The point is that you're usually the first to cry foul when someone talks about doing any "masquerading as a better/more expensive model" modification to their car, yet when someone suggests "doing a diesel up to look like an M-series" it's perfectly fine because it's a BMW, or because "it's a big car".

Perhaps you need to pop off and get some clue, as the only things I take exception to are misbadged cars. Infact on the contrary I've often said that 'OEM' (ie, fitting bits from higher models) is the best form of modification you can make to a car. After all, both my current and previous cars have bodykits which many beleive are from the top models...

Sorry, denied this time.

Soldato
So misbadged cars are a no-no, but a mod which only exists on one model in the entire series which coincidentally isn't the one it's being fit on is fine. That makes perfect sense.

In case that's too succint for you - misbadging a 530d as an M5 and sticking quad pipes on an 530d, when quad pipes are only OEM on the M5 means the exact same thing. Saying "as long as you don't change the actual badge it's ok!" is disingenuous.

Anyone who sees quad pipes on the back of an 530d will assume it's an M5 because no other model in the series has them.

Last edited:
Soldato

But that's the point, the OP isn't going to go the whole hog and badge it up as an M5. It's when people do this that your "masquerading" comment comes into play.

To the OP the other suggestions of having twin pipes is probably the way to go.

Soldato
But that's the point, the OP isn't going to go the whole hog and badge it up as an M5. It's when people do this that your "masquerading" comment comes into play.
My point though is that when a mod exists on only one model in the series, fitting that mod to an "inferior" model is to all intents and purposes the same as actually misbadging it.

Are the 2nd pair of tailpipes functional or purely decorative?

(I should probably qualify "mod" as being an exterior typically-performance-related-obvious-to-laypersons-as-only-being-OEM-on-a-specific-model thing before Fox chimes in with a strawman about how I'm saying it's bad to fit an M5 cigarette lighter or something)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom