[email protected] Stock Cooling Orthos Stable

Associate
Must say im impressed with this.. a 1ghz overclock on stock cooling + the goop that was already applied. Have to say im impressed with the stock cooler! does a cracking job.

Money Shot

Idle shot

May try 3.4 at the same voltage but have a feeling it may get to hot or will need slightly more vcore which will mean it will get to hot and unstable. In the screenie it says 58c! it was usually around the 62c mark but was as high as 69c at times. So expect anymore vcore or clock and it will just become unstable.........

but I wont know till I try ;)

Soldato
Just got my 6400 today, can you tell me what your FPO number is? Hopefully I can get in *** same ballpark :D

Associate
Whats FPO?

My vcore is set to 1.29v but then I have that setting turned on instead of auto...the one I can never remember what its called :rolleyes: you know it gives it a little extra juice.

Will have a play around with the voltages a bit more at some point

Soldato
Assuming you got a retail processor the FPO number can be found on the sticker on the box, for instance mine says "FPO# L642A585".

Caporegime
ubern00b said:
Assuming you got a retail processor the FPO number can be found on the sticker on the box, for instance mine says "FPO# L642A585".

Its also etched into the metal IHS of the CPU, without the FPO bit in front.

Soldato
I have currently got my 6400 running at 3.2 using 1.3 vcore is that any good?

I want 3.6; minstadave what vcore was needed, exactly?

And didnt i read somewhere that yours threw a paddy at 3.4 but runs fine at 3.6?

Cheers

Caporegime
goody_106 said:
I have currently got my 6400 running at 3.2 using 1.3 vcore is that any good?

I want 3.6; minstadave what vcore was needed, exactly?

And didnt i read somewhere that yours threw a paddy at 3.4 but runs fine at 3.6?

Cheers

At the moment I'm running 1.45V, but with the P5N-E's Vdroop thats about 1.35V underload.

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Yeah thats just plain odd, not seen any explanation for it, but 3.4 isn't close to stable at the same setting that 3.6 is.
Hopefully my cpu will follow suit then, it is perfectly stable at 3.2, no where near stable at 3.4 but havent tried 3.6 yet

fingers crossed

Associate
I was playing with 3.4 yesterday....vcore set to 1.35 in bios and it still wasn't no where near stable, I did have it running Orthos for hour n half when I first had it....think vcore was set to 1.4 thou and it failed. I need better cooling now but seems that 3.2 is the sweet spot for my chip with 1.29v set in bios. (havent tried it lower)

My memory is in the yellow slots too....seems they can be pedantic...apparently