Ear Plugs at Gigs

Associate
Hey all,
I am going to a few gigs in the next few months and i am just wondering which ear plugs you guys would recommend me buying.
I have sensitive hearing and do not particularly want to loose my hearing at 15 :rolleyes:
My budget is around 15 pounds as i want a half decent pair, which will let me listen to the full extent of the music but not loose my hearing.
Btw they are all heavy metal/Deathcore gigs so i presume they will be loud

Cheers

Arcimbaldo

Soldato
Any noise cancelling plugs would do the trick. Get those cheapo yellow spongy ones which you have to squash in your ear. They always do the trick and usually cost a quid from PoundLand.

Soldato
Anything will do, i now wear them in clubs after damaging my hearing...

I've found they mainly just stop the boom of the bass without deteriorating the actual sound. Prefer having them in when in Digital now :D

Caporegime
I doubt they would too be honest,
Andi actually cannot stand the yellow earplugs used for clay pigeon shooting,
I might spend a bit, like 10 pounds on a set of noisecancelling onesthen.

(sorry myspace bar isbroken :()

I think they would, if you take biscuits.

Man of Honour
Ok i just ordered a pair of ACS ER 20 Ear plugs,
The reviews are pretty good on them but will update this thread for others if anyone else is interested.

I use alpine ones similiar to the ones you've ordered for drumming at shows and when I'm working at gigs. Definately worth it over the sponge ones as the cut too much treble and you end up hearing everything super bassy which is useless when your doing the sound.

Associate
Ok i just ordered a pair of ACS ER 20 Ear plugs,
The reviews are pretty good on them but will update this thread for others if anyone else is interested.

I use the ER15s myself, getting molded ones just made so much difference, it really is just like the volume has been dialled down but is just as clear :) I do go to a lot of gigs so they were worth it.

Associate
I had some custom moulded ear plugs made for when I'm out riding (motorbike not push bike :p) for £50 they are really decent, not tried them at a gig, but have slept with them in, comfy enough but wouldn't want to use them for more than a few days like that.

Caporegime
Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd hijack this one.

Are any of the aforementioned earplugs good enough to use when sleeping? I'll be in halls in the centre of London in a week and a half and I'd like a set to help me get a decent nights sleep.

You get used to it, is my advice.

Only thing when getting used to noise when sleeping is the noise stopping it wakes you up! :(

Back
Top Bottom