Ear Plugs at Gigs

Associate
Ok i just ordered a pair of ACS ER 20 Ear plugs,
The reviews are pretty good on them but will update this thread for others if anyone else is interested.

I have been using these for gigging for years, and take them out if I am going somewhere loud. The difference they make is fantastic, cutting out the dribbly mids that bounce around, and prevent that painful bass pump that you always get.

You will hear clearer vocals, and a generally more balanced sound. It is always difficult with live shows, too many instruments competing for the mid range :)

Associate
i've got some alpine ones.... I need to try them out again tbh, i took them to V festival, but only took the mid filters, which where far too quiet...- they took away all the experience for me- for the first day when i was right at the front i used them, but on the sunday when all the great bands were on i took them out- i was also further back, and by the inverse square law if you double your distance you square root the intensity (i think), i felt i couldnt sing along or anything, however i'm fairly sure this was because i was using a filter that was too strong... i could do with trying them out with the lowest filter... i'd deffo use them for a gig, maybe not clubbing, because they are reasonably noticeable, At v festival i didn't see one person, except all the staff, using ear plugs, and i was looking to see if anyone was.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use Sensorcom Alpine Music Safe Pro DJ Earplugs when attending gigs. Wish I'd worn ear protection during my teen years as I now suffer from tinnitus.

Associate
OP
Just another update, i went to a pub the other night which had an open mic on, i know it wont be as loud as major concerts but when i went right up to the speakers it was not painfully loud, i think they are perfect for concerts and what not, and also i can somehow i can still hear people on normal conversations, i will put up a full review sometime soon.

Soldato
Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd hijack this one.

Are any of the aforementioned earplugs good enough to use when sleeping? I'll be in halls in the centre of London in a week and a half and I'd like a set to help me get a decent nights sleep.

I wouldn't recommend sleeping with earplugs in! :eek:

Associate
Check out the snorestore. Good site for plugs. I've used laserlite ones for a good nights sleep - highly recommended. They have a section for gig earplugs.

Back
Top Bottom