Ear plugs! For music festivals/gigs

Soldato
I find it bizarre someone would pay good money to listen to what they know will be excessively loud music and yet be asking what devices to purchase to blank it out...

It doesn't blank it out at all, a good set of plugs just reduce the volume to prevent hearing damage. Something that people don't understand until it's too late. I used to walk around clubs wonder why the hell people were wearing ear plugs, then I woke up deaf in my left ear after a night out. It came back a week later but with a permanent ringing (think COD flashbang after-effect). It's also a very UK thing to not wear earplugs. Go to any European mainland event and you'll see that there are far more people wearing them.

I've tried a few different ones over the years:
Standard foam plugs - Muffle everything too much
Earpeace HD - Distort bass
Alpine PartyPlug - Distort bass
Alpine PartyPlug Pro - My go-to plug now when I'm at events.

Next, I'll be going for a set of ACS Pro 17's, they're custom made taking a template of your ear. Not cheap at £140 but I definitely think they're worth the money if you want to protect your hearing. There's no going back!

Caporegime
OP
Assuming the original poster is not having to work in this environment I find it bizarre someone would pay good money to listen to what they know will be excessively loud music and yet be asking what devices to purchase to blank it out... What next, blindfolds for horse race fans to quell the excitement, and balls and chains for dance goers to stifle excess movement? Very odd! ;) Should people be taping their mouths up when going to the pub?

What a daft post.

It's called protection, how about not putting salt down on the roads in the winter? After all you can still drive at the end of the day?

As has already been said, it's to reduce noise levels as some countries have rather lax laws on how loud things can be. The things I goto in Germany/Holland/Belgium have maximum levels generally now which helps, whereas smaller venues probably couldn't care less.

As a couple of others, I already have Tinnitus, pretty badly actually, so my apologies for wanting to not go deaf by getting some proper ear phones.

Soldato
Cheers for this, never heard of them before but just picked up some isolates and plugs with 50% off.
Browsing at 4.30 am because you can't sleep for noise,and you come across a thread like this, priceless! :)

If you want plugs for sleeping I'd just recommend a set of foam plugs, the Howard Leight Laserlite ones that are pink and yellow work brilliantly and they're really cheap. I was wary about buying the solid plugs for sleeping.

Soldato
If you want plugs for sleeping I'd just recommend a set of foam plugs, the Howard Leight Laserlite ones that are pink and yellow work brilliantly and they're really cheap. I was wary about buying the solid plugs for sleeping.
I've tried the foam ones but I have super tiny ear canals so they get really uncomfortable, but saying that I've never heard of the Laserlite so will keep an eye out for those, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom