Early stage planning my garden building - advice

Associate
Do you really want a plasterboard interior on a garden building? Some sort of wooden cladding is much nicer IMO

I agree but a lot of people seem to want an office/sun room just as their homes are but away from the house. We have had to clad a bar/tv room completely with customer bought pallet wood. Taking it from a nice bright space to a dark cave. We then got called back asking if we could lighten the room. We bleached 3 walls and left a feature wall. Still to "messy" for my taste "There's nowt queerer than folk"

Soldato
OP
We have a 5x3 simplysip summer house coming on site this morning (wont be going up for a while). I'll let you know what I think of the quailty when we get to erect it

Ah cool, will be interested to see photos of the panels and how they fit together.

Do you really want a plasterboard interior on a garden building? Some sort of wooden cladding is much nicer IMO.

Might not use plasterboard, haven't decided on that yet. Not decided about the floor either, if it's going to be a partial workshop then using nice laminate might be a bad idea.

I think making this multipurpose might be quite difficult. And having to go out to the garden every time I want to practice darts, nah I'll try and find a place in the house for it I think.

It's first function has to be a secure place for bikes and tools as I don't have a garage at this house.

Soldato
OP
Following some serious YouTube video research, Im now strongly edging towards my garden building being a beginners woodworking workshop. I'll need enough space for a workbench, table saw, mitre saw, router table and some storage. Planning to put all the workshop furniture on castors so it can be wheeled around.

Is 5m x 3m big enough for a beginners woodworking workshop?

I'll still also need an area within it to store bikes and general tools. Obviously various shelving will help and wall rack for the bikes.

Im thinking insulated walls and floor still but interior lined with OSB so it can get knocked around without worry.

Back
Top Bottom