Earphones £30-£40 help!

Associate
My Sony MDR-EX85LPs saddly died on me a few months ago and i've been using some cheapo earphones since the funds have been low but now i have the money i decided it was time to replace them.

I've been looking around and the MDR-EX90LPs (£30) i know are quite good as my bro owns a pair and has had no problems with them.

I have also seen the MDR-EX500LPs, they are £50 and i was wondering if they are worth the extra money. I don't know much about the EX500s, none of the sites I have been on offer any really helpfull info. I'm sure the sound quality is up to scratch but I do a lot of sport and, apart from general wear, I would need my headphones to stay snugg and comfortable while I'm running around, like the EX85s did.

As you can probably guess Sonys have been the most appealling to me, that is because i have found other makes to be sub-standard

Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks
Dom

Soldato
Only used them briefly but the goldring GX200s seemed to have really good sound quality to me. They come with comply canal tips which secure them pretty tightly in your ear.

RRP is £50 but you can get them on the bay for £20.

Soldato
The Sennheiser CX300 II's are incresdible, I replaced my old MDR's with them and the quality is noticable better, louder, better bass response and far more comfortable.

Soldato
Only used them briefly but the goldring GX200s seemed to have really good sound quality to me. They come with comply canal tips which secure them pretty tightly in your ear.

RRP is £50 but you can get them on the bay for £20.

Or £12.99 so long as you don't mind pink.

Man of Honour
Love my sennheiser mx550 streetwear - tho they aren't in production any more... been replaced with the MX60 but I don't know how good or not they are and can't find any good reviews either...

EDIT: From looking around on some audiophile forums it seems the MX760 is the most equivalent to the MX550 audio quality and fairly well reccomended.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've been pointed in the direction of this thread

It along with a guy called Vegetarian maintain that the EX90s, when modded using clingfilm, are as good if not better than some earphones that are double the price. Can anyone varify this compared with the EX500s

Back
Top Bottom