• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd

Permabanned
THE easiest way to flash your X800GTO2 via dvd \ cd (IMPROVED AND AUTOMATED)

download this ISO Unzip it and burn to CD / DVD (if you have nero, open it, close the wizard and from the record menu select burn image then select the ISO, if you have easy CD creator, i dont have a clue )

http://fobi29.free.fr/x800gto2/bios/16pipes/X800GTO2MoD.iso (fixed as of may 06, may also work with GTO and GT ranges, try at your own risk)

step 1 boot from CD\DVD by changing the bios boot order to boot the optical drive of your choice.

step 2Select the menu option of your choice
it will confirm a succesful flash once done.

step 3 Enjoy! :D

Recovering from a bad flash....

step 1, install a pci graphics card,

step 2, boot from DVD\CD

step 3, select option 2 from the boot menu

Step 4 Reboot and Retry the flash.

:D :D

EDIT**** Many of you are getting confused with regards to the difference between a zip/rar file and an ISO file. if you have Winrar installed it will show any ISO up as an archive, it isnt, winrar has nothing to do with it. just take the file and do exactly as it says above, just follow the instructions, and youl be fine :)

p.s. let me know how you get on :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
anything i can do to insure i dont have to install a floppy drive makes me happy. :) pls give feedback when your done just as a vote of confidence in it as i know some may be caucious :D

Associate
thanks a million, i had the same prob.
built new pc but forgot about the a:, and was not going to waste time to go buy one and used it once and only once!!
really easy to do with dvd,

cheers locutus!!

Permabanned
OP
anytime :D im automating it right now, when im done youl get 2 boot options 1 saying flash to 16 pipes the other saying recover to default. when its done youl just have to select which and that will be it :) just trying to make it as simple as possible to avoid nasty failed flashes and such, :D

Associate
Can't get it to work!

Please help made bootable disc as instructed but when i boot get the two options pick 1 but am then told (Invalid drive spec) then I get the A:/ prompt Proceed to type in command line but upon pressing enter I am only given Flashrom help screen? :( :confused: :confused:

Permabanned
OP
interesting... its worked for others... are you sure you typed it in properly?

Flashrom -F -P 0 X80016P.bin (the 0 is a number, NOT the letter o) you type this in when you get to the a:\

Associate
yes typed it in several times. Any ideas why i get the invalid drive note. How long does it take to flash maybe i am a little impatient but I left it a few minutes?

Permabanned
OP
well, ive got 2 syntax errors im hunting now, nearly done though... its been years since i did dos, my skills have become weak :( a friend of mines put most of it together for me.

Permabanned
OP
we will get you there :) but the images above should also work manually for you... ive just reflashed with them to double check :) you select ghost, it cant find any other drives on the system (which is intentional ;) the less contact with anything other than what your working on the better lol ) and defaults you to A:\ from there you should be able to type in flashrom -F -P 0 X80016P.bin and hit enter...

Back
Top Bottom