Easyriders BMW Refurb thread

Caporegime
OP
IMG_20140515_122434_zpsfa695b6e.jpg
:p

Soldato
Is that OEM or patent part? How good are the patent part? I would worry that they are made from cheap metal with no zinc or other anti corrosion protection on them, so they might rust after a few years.

Caporegime
OP
Are you going to fit the wings yourself before sending to painter?

No mate,

I'm dropping the car off with two wings on the back seat and walk away...the guy at the body shop says he does loads of them and he wax oils the rear etc...

I do have a plan though....the 12 year warranty on the body is for car registered February 2004... I have just looked at my original invoice from BMW when I bought the car and I'm 8 months out....I'm going to write to bmw with pictures of the rust and ask them to repair the work in good faith...

It's not going to happen but the letter will take 5 mins to write and least I would have given it a try.

Soldato
No mate,

I'm dropping the car off with two wings on the back seat and walk away...the guy at the body shop says he does loads of them and he wax oils the rear etc...

I do have a plan though....the 12 year warranty on the body is for car registered February 2004... I have just looked at my original invoice from BMW when I bought the car and I'm 8 months out....I'm going to write to bmw with pictures of the rust and ask them to repair the work in good faith...

It's not going to happen but the letter will take 5 mins to write and least I would have given it a try.

12 years would be 2016?

Caporegime
OP
12 years would be 2016?

They only offer the warranty on the body If registered after February 2004....I'm hoping for some compromise...

My car was registered in May 2003

I remember IBM honoured fixing my laptop 12 months out of warranty...they even upgraded the screen.....all I did was ask....with a firm letter...

Back
Top Bottom