Ebay buyer has 0 feedback. Should I be worried?

mof

mof

Associate
They've had their account since April. I'm just wondering if I should try to cancel it or not?
Everyone starts on 0% feedback and most people aren't scammers.
I'm not in any hurry to sell really and there's other people ineterested.
Value is about £130

mof

mof

Associate
OP
They've paid by eCheque so I'll have to wait for that to clear anyway.
Ebay only let's me choose to cancel if it's 1.out of stock.2.Buyer asked to cancel or 3. Something wrong with buyers delivery address.
Maybe I'd have get the buyer to agree to cancel?

Soldato
Check the name and address and see what the information turns up when you google it.

You'll no doubt have a gut feeling so go with your instinct. If you do proceed make sure you used an insured and tracked service.

I was sent a £350 item via royal mail 2nd class delivery without any tracking the other day!

mof

mof

Associate
OP
The name of the buyer and the name on the email for paypal are different aswell.(could be just a partner)

Associate
I’ve had a couple of issues recently with ebay, one most recently with a low cost £15 item where the buyer was a zero rater and has not paid so i’ve just raised a case for non payment. Can get a fee refund on that after 3rd July, a bit annoying but I will just get my fee back and relist.

The other item was another low cost item that was sold using global shipping. The buyer was in Germany and paid promptly and I packed it all up and sent it off using Collectplus as I usually do to the ebay shipping center. The next day I got a case raised against it for ‘item not as described or faulty’ so I contacted ebay support on IM and they basically said they cannot do anything and I need to contact ebay support in Germany, not the UK.

So I contacted Collectplus and got a stop and return put on the parcel which they did ok and then I refunded the buyer and closed their case against me. They then replied back an hour later to say they had raised a case against the wrong item and was sorry and could they still have the item if they put through another Paypal payment, I politely declined.

After about 4 days of waiting I just now got an email from Collectplus to say they have lost the parcel so sent me a claim form. I should now get my ebay cost plus shipping cost refunded back to my Paypal.

I won’t be using ebay global shipping again, once there is an issue ebay UK wash their hands of any problem!

mof

mof

Associate
OP
I’ve had a couple of issues recently with ebay, one most recently with a low cost £15 item where the buyer was a zero rater and has not paid so i’ve just raised a case for non payment. Can get a fee refund on that after 3rd July, a bit annoying but I will just get my fee back and relist.

The other item was another low cost item that was sold using global shipping. The buyer was in Germany and paid promptly and I packed it all up and sent it off using Collectplus as I usually do to the ebay shipping center. The next day I got a case raised against it for ‘item not as described or faulty’ so I contacted ebay support on IM and they basically said they cannot do anything and I need to contact ebay support in Germany, not the UK.

So I contacted Collectplus and got a stop and return put on the parcel which they did ok and then I refunded the buyer and closed their case against me. They then replied back an hour later to say they had raised a case against the wrong item and was sorry and could they still have the item if they put through another Paypal payment, I politely declined.

After about 4 days of waiting I just now got an email from Collectplus to say they have lost the parcel so sent me a claim form. I should now get my ebay cost plus shipping cost refunded back to my Paypal.

I won’t be using ebay global shipping again, once there is an issue ebay UK wash their hands of any problem!

Thanks I didn't know that about the global shipping. You'd expect UK to deal with it.

Caporegime
I've recently sold a gpu to a 0 feedback buyer abroad (lol)
I haven't had an issue with ebay bar one in 100+ sales, but I could well expect one here.

All good so far. But I almost canceled

Caporegime
Thanks I didn't know that about the global shipping. You'd expect UK to deal with it.

Didn't know this.
I accidentally didn't opt out and thus it sold to an Italian buyer.
I only didn't cancel because they put in a lower best offer and I thought a scam might be mor likely not to bother with that

Soldato
Avoid the global shipping thing if you can guys - it essentially gives international buyers the option to rob you. eBay UK refuse to get involved if there’s a problem and the buyer is in another country. If you try and talk to eBay internationally they send you back to the UK CS and round and round you go.

I sold a leather jacket which was damaged and needed a repair. I took about 20 photos, included an accurate description repeated the thing more than once in bold. Someone in Germany bought it, waited 3 weeks after delivery and opened a “item not as described” case. eBay.de told him to keep it but demanded I refund him in full.

I had to kick up hell and in the end threaten legal action to get the issue resolved. A bit much for a sale worth £100 but I wasn’t going to let the guy scam me.

In the end he got to keep the jacket, eBay refunded him in full so he got it for free. The guy knew exactly how to work the system - *******!

Associate
I had another problem with global shipping some months ago also, a buyer in Canada raised a dispute saying the item was damaged and we agreed to a part refund of about 20% of the cost to avoid the hassle of sending the item back. Ebay Canada refunded him in full and he also kept the item. I complained to ebay UK over numerous phone calls and they did not help.

In the end it was Paypal who eventually got me my money back as the whole amount had been deducted from my account and I think that was only because I happened to speak to someone who actually gave a **** that day on the phone.

Soldato
They've paid by eCheque so I'll have to wait for that to clear anyway.
Ebay only let's me choose to cancel if it's 1.out of stock.2.Buyer asked to cancel or 3. Something wrong with buyers delivery address.
Maybe I'd have get the buyer to agree to cancel?
per recent thread on same issue, you could say you broke it during packing ... any other strategies ?

Soldato
Check the name and address and see what the information turns up when you google it.

You'll no doubt have a gut feeling so go with your instinct. If you do proceed make sure you used an insured and tracked service.

I was sent a £350 item via royal mail 2nd class delivery without any tracking the other day!

Someone sent me 500 quid item no tracking.... I was thinking mate I could easily just rip you off here don't be so daft.

Make sure it's tracked and signed op. I personally would have cancelled his bids. But that's me.....

Back
Top Bottom