eBay postage system >.>

Soldato
I was going to put some DVD's sets up on eBay, however the maximum you can charge for postage on a DVD on eBay is £1.25, eBay requires you to offer Paypal payment, Paypal requires you to send items recorded, its impossible to send a DVD set recorded for £1.25, not even the 2-3 disc sets that are twice as thick as a normal DVD, seriously wtf >.>

Guess I will just start the bidding 50p higher but seriously how did they mess their system up this badly lol, never had this problem a few years ago >.>

Soldato
I agree. They had similar postal caps in other categories. Originally, they made it free postage only. You go to the post office and tell them that its free to post things, ebay said so.

Soldato
They set postage prices so low because they don't get a percentage of the postage cost,

They force you to put that extra 50p onto the item cost and they get 10% of that

Soldato
People use the postage label that Paypal tries to get you to buy? I just copy and paste the address into Word, stick it on the parcel and bring it down to my local post office and send it using the cheapest possible service. That's for things like DVD and games anyway.

Caporegime
I think you can get around it by saying you're going to use economy post or something, and then setting the price at what you want. We sold a bundle of clothes, and it wouldn't let us set the post at more than £4 until we set it to economy courier or whatever, at which point we could then put in the £9 that it was actually going to cost.

Soldato
I think you can get around it by saying you're going to use economy post or something, and then setting the price at what you want. We sold a bundle of clothes, and it wouldn't let us set the post at more than £4 until we set it to economy courier or whatever, at which point we could then put in the £9 that it was actually going to cost.

Ah, I guess that's why so many people are using Economy delivery these days.

Caporegime
People use the postage label that Paypal tries to get you to buy? I just copy and paste the address into Word, stick it on the parcel and bring it down to my local post office and send it using the cheapest possible service. That's for things like DVD and games anyway.

It has nothing to do with that, ebay won't let you specifiy more than £x in the item listing.

Caporegime

Why wouldn't you use the Paypal postage thing? It costs the same and only costs a bit of ink and paper for a fair bit of convenience.

Back
Top Bottom