• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

eBay - RX6800 eBay Sale Going Wrong

Associate
Well there is a very unexpected "Oh Dear" here, which is that my shiny new RX 6900 XT is now playing up.
It's okay in some games, but I'm getting artifacts in Time Spy or Ungine Heaven, Port Royal doesn't run (error) and the Radeon Software won't even start now - doing a process trace on it crashes doing a ntfindatom ... Memory Issues?

Talk about a drama ...

ARRRGGHHH
that tought going.

Soldato
Maybe check ur power plan in windows to see if its on full not balanced ir try that hidden ultra mode ive heard of. Check temps as usual in gpuz, could try underclocking it and its vram see if them help to diagnose etc. Tbh tho id make a new thread for ur 6900xt problem. Also ask in. if there is, a 6900xt owners thread for help too. Might just be a driver issue, try some older ones if ur on latest. Or ask in the owners topic which is best driver for them cards.

And of course turn any oc on the cpu ram and gfx card off, see if any of those are affecting the 6900xt causing artifacts.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I went back a driver level, used the "amdcleanuputility.exe" in safe mode and re-installed the previous driver.
Temps are all good ... 75C even in FurMark.
But the Radeon Software doesn't even start, it crashes, so how would I underclock it?

I will start another thread there, thanks.

Soldato
I went back a driver level, used the "amdcleanuputility.exe" in safe mode and re-installed the previous driver.
Temps are all good ... 75C even in FurMark.
But the Radeon Software doesn't even start, it crashes, so how would I underclock it?

I will start another thread there, thanks.
Could try Afterburner? AMD folk seem to prefer the Radeon software but AB should work.

Associate
OP
Tried Asus GPU Tweak II - it crashes on startup.
MSI Afterburner - I can't go any slower on memory, reducing core clock = same results.

xtmxAc.jpg

Soldato
That is not a thing, you seriously need to re-read the terms, seller protection only protects the seller from negative feedback, there is zero seller protection on the money side, only for buyers

Ebay seems flawed, from what I can observe from all these reports, ebay are not willing to be out of pocket, they are wary if a buyer does a chargeback, they would be out of pocket unless they take the money from the seller.

This is the downside of indirect payments.

Given this and now the horrid new payment system I probably wont use ebay again unless I want to give something away and have no interest elsewhere, probably will only be places like MM or facebook from now on.

Associate
Why do people use ebay for electronics if buyers can do this and always win?
Because the vast majority of eBay auctions are fine, you just don't see a new thread posted every time someone sells something without issue. You can usually sell for a higher price due to more competition and buyer protection. The fees are pretty low when you take advantage of the selling promotions they have every couple of weeks.

Soldato
selling gpus on the bay during shortage and mining boom comes down to as above, more competition hence more money. loads more outlets to sell just as easy, but you will get slightly lower price generally

Associate
I heard that buyers have like 2 months to initiate an automatic return on ebay. I would hazard a guess that now GPU prices have dropped loads - there will be quite a few returns to get their money back. Hard to blame them though - they paid £500 to £3000 for cards which they can now return and get their cash back and buy a new one for half the price almost. I guess it would also be easy to damage a card and say its no longer working.

Associate
This is why you only accept cash on collection for any large purchase on eBay. I've done multiple including a rtx 3090 and never had a problem.

Why take the risk of getting 5-10% more by offering delivery and potentially losing it all?

Associate
This is why you only accept cash on collection for any large purchase on eBay. I've done multiple including a rtx 3090 and never had a problem.

Why take the risk of getting 5-10% more by offering delivery and potentially losing it all?
Cash on collection sounds even riskier than a regular eBay sale for an item that expensive. If you want a safe bet then sell it to something like CEX.

Associate
Why? If you've got the cash and counted it before handing over the item its perfectly safe, the entirety of Gumtree is based on this.

This. Go with another person. The other person counts the cash and then you give the item and always meet in a public space eg supermarket carpark.

Done this countless times, never had one problem. Always speak to the buyer before hand as well, you can usually tell what they're going to be like.

Back
Top Bottom