Ebay Shutl delivery "stolen"

Man of Honour
I was thinking about this last night. Why would a firm admit liability without a thorough investigation :confused: It would at least be 'missing' unless they witnessed someone pinching it from the van and running off.
When I worked in the industry, we'd only class something as "stolen" if someone had literally robbed it off the back of the van in the street/stolen the van or something like that. Otherwise it's just missing/not able to be located.

Soldato
But they can't retroactively say it's not allowed anyway. They said it was stolen, so they have to compensate for stolen goods. Otherwise it's basically like them stealing it.

I'm with you on this one I hate it when people or companies wriggle out of contracts on technicalitys that don't relate to the situation..

Associate
OP
Yeah why would they even have "Stolen" setup as a status.

29z6az7.png

Have lodged a complaint with shutl which includes a request from from hermes about full details of the theft incident so that I can report to police....also highlighting that the courier prior to the theft had made a false update on the tracking system that he/she had attempted delivery.

Soldato
Have lodged a complaint with shutl which includes a request from from hermes about full details of the theft incident so that I can report to police....also highlighting that the courier prior to the theft had made a false update on the tracking system that he/she had attempted delivery.

I don't disbelieve you pal, just don't understand why they would have that as a status. It must happen a lot for them to have it.

I can't remember from the top of my head of it shows any T&CS for Shutl before you purchase the label. Because I know only Royal Mail entertain any kind of liquid I have always used them.

Associate
OP
UPDATE:

Despite filling in claim form and email complaint shutl continued to advise prohibited goods. Got fed up chasing them only to have another random call handler getting involved without reading the history about the item being recorded by hermes as stolen etc. For £10 I was ready to write it off .......

Then out of the blue got a message from buyer (who I had refunded via ebay) advising delivered today! 6 weeks late

Buyer was very honest to advise me of delivery and immediate messaged me for paypal details to pay me (he has paid me albeit less the postage cost of £2.79 which I guess is fair enough in view of the 6 week delay)

Do you think I have a case to request a full refund of postage costs from shutl in view of the 6 week delay?.... i.e if shutl invoice me as now delivered

Caporegime
Ridiculous rule that liquids are banned, there should be legislation to stop couriers wriggling out of compensating their customers like this.

If for example I buy/sell gallium on ebay and there's a really hot day causing it to melt, does that mean my theft warranty is now void even though it bears no relation to the nature of the product?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom