1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Discussion in 'Motors' started by MissChief, Mar 22, 2017.

1. MissChief

Capodecina

2. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

I support his decision, I was only interested in the stuff he was doing.

3. Clarkey

Capodecina

I'll be honest, I didn't think anyone actually watched that show?

4. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

You'd be surprised. It was more background noise for me, but I did often pay attention to the bits Ed did. When he wasn't doing doing stupid Mike-esque stuff that is.

5. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

Wheeler Dealers started off good, but became less and less credible. Much prefer Car SOS, For The Love of Cars etc.

For what it's worth, Edd was the only part of the show worth watching watching. Mike Brewer is terrible.

6. LEUVEN

Hitman

Other than Mike Brewer telling people to hold out their hands, it was basically the Ed China show. :confused::confused:
    Great Example on how to Americanise and ruin something to make it more entertaining.:mad:
    Will be a great loss.

7. adam cool dude

Soldato

Watched pretty much all episodes but the recent American stuff got boring quickly. I have little interest in some random mid 50's american pick up truck. The early stuff was fantastic though. The little red mk1 MR2 they did was a massive turnaround.

8. Dis86

Capodecina

Boo!

9. Kenai

Capodecina

Was always an odd programme really, especially the way they'd play up making a grand on a car whilst conveniently neglecting the fact it took dozens and dozens of man hours to do, so by the time Ed would have got his cut, he's probably making about £1 an hour on the deal. That and the fact Mike Brewer is a plank. OLD OUT YER AND!

10. Uther

Sgarrista

I enjoyed the show in the early days, not watched it for ages though. Agree Ed was the best bit in it.

11. Hades

Capodecina

Ed China for Top Gear?

12. Diagro

Sgarrista

He's what gave me the balls to work on my own cars tbh

13. Joe T

Capodecina

You'll notice he is strangely silent on how he'll miss working with Mike. The short answer is he wont!

14. tnx

Wise Guy

Add me to the "I liked the old episodes" list...

15. EVH

Don

Love how he speaks with the same cadence in his goodbye video. The only man to make "just pop out the engine and get going" sound like making a cup of tea :D

I'll admit I've got the show on series link purely because it's good to blast through the guff and watch the workshop bits in admiration for his skill. The fact that the US production company wanted to water that bit down speaks volume for their target audience and will no doubt kill the show.

Such a shame, but fair play to him for putting his foot down!

Brewer: I JUST BOUGHT MESELF.... A CRACKIN LIL MK2 GOLF
    Seller: WTF :confused:

16. wedrum

Mobster

Shame as i enjoyed the earlier stuff.

17. Dale V

Mobster

Me too, really learnt alot from him.

When the budget got bigger, the show just went into decline and seemed less realistic, repair progress on the cars just magically happened without allowing Edd to go into the details. Its a shame hes going but its good to see he stands by his principles, money really isn't everything!

18. russell664

Mobster

I second this. ED has grease monkey gloves on his shop too! Bright orange, might get me some :D

19. Steampunk

Soldato

Yes, will miss Ed as he was the backbone of the show. It was very, "man in shed", but the repair was what made it interesting. I love the "before and after", and how Ed goes from one to the other. Mike was always annoying, and he always struck me as being Ed's sidekick because of how little he actually did.

It's no surprise to see a new company come in, change everything around, and then end up killing the reasons they bought the show in the first place. Good luck to Mr. China, thirteen years is a long time, and I'm sure he's ready to move on to things where he's more appreciated.

20. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

It'll be a shame to see him go. Definitely the best part of the show!