EE to reintroduce Roaming Europe Charges

Soldato
I am pretty annoyed by this, but EE are the best UK network out there for me and for the time I spend abroad, I don’t mind paying the extra £28 once a year. It’s a lot better than what the roaming charges used to be like.

These are the downsides to Brexit unfortunately.

Soldato
Plans change, some bean counter has realised there is profit they are missing out on.

EE said on Thursday that introducing the charges would "support investment into our UK based customer service and leading UK network".

mhm, sure.

There will be a rush of people signing up before 7/7 to get on the free roaming, then they'll probably change the rules again for existing customers :)

Associate
Nothing do with mobile network provider... blame to Brexit that why UK left EU so people have to accept to pay the charge when abroad... I do go abroad as I'm stay in Scotland as it my home also easy to travel around scotland and stay for few days. People voted brexit then all agreement under EU now changed to square one again. If you go on holiday included EU then just pay the roam charge.

Soldato
Never trust what a company says unless bound by law, regulations, or contracts.

Agreed, no plans just means not now and doesn’t rule out a future change of policy.

According to the BBC O2 are likely to follow suit so I expect Voda will not be far behind either.

Caporegime
Hehe just found this from a news article a few years back.
Many of the UK's mobile operators have said that they have no plans to bring back roaming charges after Brexit but did not make any firm promises that charges would never be re-introduced at some point in the future.
Source.

If farmers and fisherman struggle to admit reality now it's starting to set in, I doubt your average Joe is going to because of roaming charges. We knew (making our lives more difficult) what we voted for.

Soldato
It was bound to happen eventually. The only network I can see trying to keep hold of this as long as possible is 3 as they already had Feel at Home before EU removed roaming costs. There's nothing to stop the other networks reintroducing roaming charges.

Caporegime
While we were part of the EU roaming charges weren’t a thing due to EU rules. Now we’re not, companies are again free to seek additional revenue and profit from people going abroad and using their phone.

Can anyone find anything that says European travellers are changed for data in the UK? Or there are plans to introduce this?

Of course it all makes sense. EE are now owned by BT! They’ll do anything that makes them money!

Back
Top Bottom