Egypt vs Israel

Soldato
Shocking images on news of an Egyptian mob raiding Israeli embassy this could be the start of some nasty trouble in the middle east

Soldato
This has been brewing for a while. Started with the Arab Spring then Egypt opening the border with Gaza and then the shooting of the Egyptian police. With Egypt currently as a military state it will be interesting to see what the outcome is. That whole area is a mess and frankly we should let them duke it out amongst themselves.
That means no backing Israel FFS! Its the only reason Israel still exists as an independant state.

I'm talking about stuff like this:
A statement from the office of Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said he had spoken with his US counterpart Leon Panetta and had "asked them to protect the embassy from the demonstrators".
Do it yourself you lazy buggers! The US shouldnt be Israel's "older brother" ("I'll get my brother on you" its just childish).

Last edited:
Caporegime
The protests supposedly began not about Israel but about them not reforming the government fast enough, then a group went from there off to the Israeli embassy to trash it.

I said at the time, just wait for them to start rioting over how long it takes to hold elections, then riot when they don't get who they want, then riot again when the new government doesn't magically generate billions in revenue to improve public services and don't magically drop tax back to tiny levels so everyone is really rich, etc, etc.

Once a large group of people learn they can riot and win if they don't like something, you're in big trouble.

Soldato
The only thing I'd hope is that if Egypt now back Palestine and if they try and settle the land dispute that they do it in a humanitarian way without stooping to the level at which the Jewish settlers did when they founded Israel.

I understand how hard that could be to swallow, but it'd do Palestine a lot of good in the world view.

If something was to kick of to that effect, I could not predict at all what the US would do if Egypt took such measures. I suspect the US would be heavily split over the issue with most just favouring support by providing Israel with resources.

Man of Honour
I cant see it turning nasty.
Is real has already said that they will keep the peace treaty. egypt has said an emergency court will be opened to convict the rioters.
Unless it escalates massively, it's not going to be any worse than the riots over here were.

Soldato
Could this finally be it?? Hmm no I doubt it, they something bigger then this if they want to convince the world that they are the victims forced to act in self defence, Israel that is.

Caporegime
Could this finally be it?? Hmm no I doubt it, they something bigger then this if they want to convince the world that they are the victims forced to act in self defence, Israel that is.

People are caring less and less for Israel, they cant spin this hard enough for non-Americans.

Caporegime
I think you'll find popular support for Israel is at record highs in the United States. In this year's Gallup World Affairs survey, 63% of Americans reported their sympathies in the Middle East lied more with the Israelis than Palestinians.

68% reported a very or mostly favourable view toward Israel, compared with only 19% toward the Palestinian Authority.

Non-Americans |:

Back
Top Bottom