Eidos confirms Deus Ex 3!

Soldato
I have yet to find a FPS:RPG game that matches Deus Ex 1, in overall interactivity and multiple paths. The storyline for that game was just amazing, not to mention the similarities of the story with today's events - in regards to the two towers!

Soldato
One word which sums up the whole problem - 'console'.

If they write DE3 as a PC game then port to console it could be great. If it's the other way round, it's likely to be rubbish.

I hate the way that we're forced to endure low brow console tripe on the PC.

Its only because developers know that they will sell more of the console version of games that they do this. :)

Associate
Its only because developers know that they will sell more of the console version of games that they do this. :)

if deus ex 3 matched upto the first one, im sure the pc version would outsell the console version by ton. why have fps's on consoles anyway its just not the same and never will be for me. wish the xbox didnt use fps pc games, and have the nerve to charge twice as much for it. people must have no clue anymore.

Soldato
if deus ex 3 matched upto the first one, im sure the pc version would outsell the console version by ton. why have fps's on consoles anyway its just not the same and never will be for me. wish the xbox didnt use fps pc games, and have the nerve to charge twice as much for it. people must have no clue anymore.

Thats not true. I realise this is the pc part of the forum, but just because you dont like fps on consoles dont mean everyone dont.

When you say its not the same for a fps on a console compared to pc, I assume its because you dont have the mouse + keyboard. Well im good with the mouse + keyboard and good with the control and i have only just really gone on to gaming on pcs (about a year).

At the end of the day, consoles are much easier to predict sales for games on. No hardware issues to worry about, dont need to worry about if my spec will play a game because you cant change your spec.

I would much rather have a £2000 wonder pc to play games on, but consoles arnt a bad alternative at all. I can chillax on my sofa lying down while playing deus ex 3 on my 42" HD TV on my xbox 360. Can you? :D

Associate
Thats not true. I realise this is the pc part of the forum, but just because you dont like fps on consoles dont mean everyone dont.

When you say its not the same for a fps on a console compared to pc, I assume its because you dont have the mouse + keyboard. Well im good with the mouse + keyboard and good with the control and i have only just really gone on to gaming on pcs (about a year).

At the end of the day, consoles are much easier to predict sales for games on. No hardware issues to worry about, dont need to worry about if my spec will play a game because you cant change your spec.

I would much rather have a £2000 wonder pc to play games on, but consoles arnt a bad alternative at all. I can chillax on my sofa lying down while playing deus ex 3 on my 42" HD TV on my xbox 360. Can you? :D

oh come on? its not £2000 at all to play the latest games, my mates cost £700 and it can play everything max'd out on the latest games. im not saying not have fps on consoles but for gods sake dont port them from console to pc. its just not fair for the pc users.

i agree that hdtv tvs are the way to go, as im thinking of getting one for my pc (just gotta save some money).

also would like to add my mate bought pes for his ps3 and has fps lag, so u cant always guarantee no trouble with consoles.

Last edited:
Soldato
oh come on? its not £2000 at all to play the latest games, my mates cost £700 and it can play everything max'd out on the latest games. im not saying not have fps on consoles but for gods sake dont port them from console to pc. its just not fair for the pc users.

i agree that hdtv tvs are the way to go, as im thinking of getting one for my pc (just gotta save some money).

also would like to add my mate bought pes for his ps3 and has fps lag, so u cant always guarantee no trouble with consoles.

Well ps3 is having quite a few problems atm with framerate issues, but its steadily getting better.

Ok, say a grand for a good pc then. You still cant lie down on a sofa with ya mouse and keyboard comfortably, but ya can with a joypad. And yes I know you can get a joypad for the pc, but whats the point then in getting a pc in the 1st place?

Associate
Well ps3 is having quite a few problems atm with framerate issues, but its steadily getting better.

Ok, say a grand for a good pc then. You still cant lie down on a sofa with ya mouse and keyboard comfortably, but ya can with a joypad. And yes I know you can get a joypad for the pc, but whats the point then in getting a pc in the 1st place?

its true if u wanna laze around then consoles are for you. i just feel that pc gamers are always are going to be superior to console gamers.

ie. if you had pc gamers vs consolers u will find 9 times out of 10 the pc gamers would dominate (i think dreamcast proved this). thats precisely why we dont have servers that support both. so i dont care how good u think u are with a joypad it will never be as good as a keyboard and mouse im afraid.

i think if i had played the original deus ex on a console it wouldnt have been half as good. it would have been dumbed down so much that what made it so great would have been lost. its a fact.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I imagine its either going to be Game of the Year ish, with 90%+ reviews, or going to be a ok to good game, averaging around 75% ish.
Or it will be a crap game, and still get 96% and a ton of G.o.t.Y. awards. The gaming press these days wouldn't know a great game if it de-cloaked in front of them, hit them with a stun-prod, dragged their unconscious body to a dark room and nicked all their ammo.

Back
Top Bottom