Eidos confirms Deus Ex 3!

Soldato
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16365

According to D'Astous, Eidos Montreal currently has two groups -- a Q&A group that is responsible for testing all of the developer's games from anywhere in the world, and an in-house development team that D'Astous says has just passed proof of concept for Deus Ex 3.

This will either be the best thing ever, or a horrible, horrible mistake like DE2.

Soldato
Made Deus Ex 1: amazing
Made Deus Ex 2: rubbish
Learnt from making Deus Ex 2: possible
Potential for Deus Ex 3: Range includes Brilliant to Meh..

Soldato
I remember Deus Ex 1 it was the first MP game i played (and got working) and i loved it, single player and multiplayer was exceptional. i remember buying a 6800gt for Deus Ex 2 when it came out thinking it was going to be great, how dissapointed i was. Worst game experience i have ever had.

Soldato
They don't make games like Deus Ex anymore.

I don't hold much hope for another sequal. it will look nice, probably have skills back, but can't see them having a good story.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I imagine its either going to be Game of the Year ish, with 90%+ reviews, or going to be a ok to good game, averaging around 75% ish.

Caporegime
I hope they don't do it for the consoles like Invisable War, the first one was fantastic, still yet to complete it, im gona have to at some point, always seem to stop at Area 51, but its a masterpiece of a game. :)

Soldato
ion storm and Warren Spector the main creative element which gave us the first game are not involved so expect it to be nothing like deus ex 1 story wise.

Associate
it cant be worse than DE2 bh.

Deus ex : one of the best pc games ever made.
deus ex2: they took DE, they dumbed it down, they shortened it by 400%, they made the characters crap and uninteresting, and to make it better, they let you kill JD in the end.... biggest dissapointment ever for me. ]

Soldato
I loved the first one and really enjoyed the second one too. I didn't know what to expect from a sequel so took it at face value. I find never reading reviews (except scores and brief summary) or previews means that I appreciate games a lot more. Even with sequels, I try to eliminate any personal expectations. I can see why people expecting so much of Invisible War would have been disappointed.

Soldato
IIRC One of the Devs of Deus Ex 2 admitted that some changes made to the engine to prettify it in order to keep up with competing games graphics made it much less flexible than they would have liked. However by that time it was too late and they have to continue with the project as it was, he was disappointed with the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom