EK A360G For Dual 1080TI's

Associate
Hi guys. I'm looking at getting a second 1080TI. I'm also looking at the EK A360G watercooling kit. This looks awesome and the ability to buy a second block for the card makes everything sound super easy.

That being said this is my first try at making a proper watercooling loop and adding the block to a card.

Can someone help me choose all the parts to enable me to use this kit with two cards please? I can't see the tubing and connectors that goes between the two cards on OCUK. I can see the backplate and block and the kit but nothing else. Also can i use Mayhems Pastel/Auroa in this loop please?

Soldato
Mayhems Aurora is not designed for long term use, the particles will eventually fall out and end up in dead zones. I have had it running for few month's before, but it will settle eventually, its mostly a show fluid. As for Pastel, there is no warning messages I can see in relation to the EKA360G being a aluminium kit having checked on both EK's site and Mayhems, but cant confirm that.

As for the kit itself, I suspect you will want more then 360mm radiator capacity for 2 1080Ti's and what I assume will be a CPU in the mix, that will be a fair bit of heat under load, more so overclocked for a single 360mm to dissipate if your looking to keep a nice mix of temps and noise.

Anyways given its aluminium, you want to stick to aluminium parts for your additional components also. Here are the 10/13 Alu fittings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...-acf-alu-fitting-10-13mm-black-wc-9h3-ek.html here is an additional 360mm radiator kit with two additional fittings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-fluid-gaming-ek-fg-360-expansion-pack-wc-9gr-ek.html the tubing is still your standard 10/13 tubing: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-duraclear-tubing-13-10-clear-3m-wc-9da-ek.html which works with those fittings I linked. Here is OCUK's overall page for Alu only parts and kits showing some other fittings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/water-cooling/water-cooling-kits/ek-fluid-gaming-hardware?p=1

Soldato
im pretty sure pastel hasnt been or is meant for Aluminum - guessing as mayhems havent long term tested it- not to say it wont work but sure it was part of their plan to! and think EK sell their own line of coolant for it .
wort dropping mayhems an email and they'll get back to you
also ekwb do a config were you enter your parts and tells you how well the loop will handle the heat

Associate
OP
Mayhems Aurora is not designed for long term use, the particles will eventually fall out and end up in dead zones. I have had it running for few month's before, but it will settle eventually, its mostly a show fluid. As for Pastel, there is no warning messages I can see in relation to the EKA360G being a aluminium kit having checked on both EK's site and Mayhems, but cant confirm that.

As for the kit itself, I suspect you will want more then 360mm radiator capacity for 2 1080Ti's and what I assume will be a CPU in the mix, that will be a fair bit of heat under load, more so overclocked for a single 360mm to dissipate if your looking to keep a nice mix of temps and noise.

Anyways given its aluminium, you want to stick to aluminium parts for your additional components also. Here are the 10/13 Alu fittings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...-acf-alu-fitting-10-13mm-black-wc-9h3-ek.html here is an additional 360mm radiator kit with two additional fittings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-fluid-gaming-ek-fg-360-expansion-pack-wc-9gr-ek.html the tubing is still your standard 10/13 tubing: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-duraclear-tubing-13-10-clear-3m-wc-9da-ek.html which works with those fittings I linked. Here is OCUK's overall page for Alu only parts and kits showing some other fittings: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/water-cooling/water-cooling-kits/ek-fluid-gaming-hardware?p=1

Hi there. Thank you for your response. That's right there will be a 7700k in the mix as well.

What would your advice be in regards to adding more so cool it better please? I currently have the EK S240 set cooling my PC (This was preinstalled when i bought the system) Could this be used in conjunction with the new 360 set? if so how will it all work please?

Watercooling confuses me but i just want to make it all viable and not buy all the wrong equipment. I saw the EK sets and they looked far easier as it was all included in the price.

Associate
OP
im pretty sure pastel hasnt been or is meant for Aluminum - guessing as mayhems havent long term tested it- not to say it wont work but sure it was part of their plan to! and think EK sell their own line of coolant for it .
wort dropping mayhems an email and they'll get back to you
also ekwb do a config were you enter your parts and tells you how well the loop will handle the heat

I think i should stick with what EK provide for the time being. Thanks for the reply mate

Soldato
Hi there. Thank you for your response. That's right there will be a 7700k in the mix as well.

What would your advice be in regards to adding more so cool it better please? I currently have the EK S240 set cooling my PC (This was preinstalled when i bought the system) Could this be used in conjunction with the new 360 set? if so how will it all work please?

Watercooling confuses me but i just want to make it all viable and not buy all the wrong equipment. I saw the EK sets and they looked far easier as it was all included in the price.

So you have this kit already: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...watercooling-kit-3831109863527-wc-9ac-ek.html

If so, then no you don't want to get the EK A360G watercooling kit. EK's Gaming Fluid line (those with an A and G in the title usually) use aluminium (which allows it to also be slightly cheaper) which you do not really want to mix with other metals used in most other components.

If you already have the EK S240 set, just go ahead and expand it by purchasing the relevant parts. Most normal part's use more typical metals so there is rarely an issue which is why the gaming fluid line sits apart somewhat.

Some examples

and so on, adding the blocks for GPU's, angled fitting's etc. Most parts will work fine in that regards with your SE kit.

Associate
OP
So you have this kit already: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...watercooling-kit-3831109863527-wc-9ac-ek.html

If so, then no you don't want to get the EK A360G watercooling kit. EK's Gaming Fluid line (those with an A and G in the title usually) use aluminium (which allows it to also be slightly cheaper) which you do not really want to mix with other metals used in most other components.

If you already have the EK S240 set, just go ahead and expand it by purchasing the relevant parts. Most normal part's use more typical metals so there is rarely an issue which is why the gaming fluid line sits apart somewhat.

Some examples

and so on, adding the blocks for GPU's, angled fitting's etc. Most parts will work fine in that regards with your SE kit.

Really appreciate the detailed response. That's right i currently have that kit which keeps the CPU nice and cool.

Sorry to be a pain and I know it's a lot to ask. Could you detail for me everything I will need to buy additionally on top of the kit i own to get this loop extended and two block and back plates for my TI founders editions please?

Also will me extending my current setup put too much stress on the pump at all, or will that cope with the extra rad blocks etc?

Alternatively could i start again and buy something better than these sets?

Thank you so much in advance.

Soldato
Really appreciate the detailed response. That's right i currently have that kit which keeps the CPU nice and cool.

Sorry to be a pain and I know it's a lot to ask. Could you detail for me everything I will need to buy additionally on top of the kit i own to get this loop extended and two block and back plates for my TI founders editions please?

Also will me extending my current setup put too much stress on the pump at all, or will that cope with the extra rad blocks etc?

Alternatively could i start again and buy something better than these sets?

Thank you so much in advance.

Your pump should be okay, may need to be kept at a slightly higher RPM though.

Here is the Key Stuff to expand your loop.
That covers most the key stuff and you can switch out as you like. I have not included any angled fitting's so add them as you see fit. In terms of the 6 fittings I mentioned, it will be 2 each for the radiator and GPU blocks. As I say, there are no fittings here and I have just assumed you will use a tube run between the two GPU's, all depends on the end look your after.

Associate
OP
Your pump should be okay, may need to be kept at a slightly higher RPM though.

Here is the Key Stuff to expand your loop.
That covers most the key stuff and you can switch out as you like. I have not included any angled fitting's so add them as you see fit. In terms of the 6 fittings I mentioned, it will be 2 each for the radiator and GPU blocks. As I say, there are no fittings here and I have just assumed you will use a tube run between the two GPU's, all depends on the end look your after.
Thanks again for your detailed response.

I have had a think. Do you think it would be a good call for me to upgrade my S240 rad with the XSPC EX360 rad and also buy a second XSPC EX360 rad to run purely the GPU's? If so do you think this would give me the best all round performance? Or would just buying a second 240 rad do just fine?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks again for your detailed response.

I have had a think. Do you think it would be a good call for me to upgrade my S240 rad with the XSPC EX360 rad and also buy a second XSPC EX360 rad to run purely the GPU's? If so do you think this would give me the best all round performance? Or would just buying a second 240 rad do just fine?

Keep the rad you already have, no point wasting it and it will do fine. I would just then add a additional 360mm on top. Of course two 360 mm's would be slightly better with similar rads then a 240mm + 360mm with more surface area, but nothing significant.

Back
Top Bottom