EK Cryofuel Mystic Fog - Sample piccies + 1 year later update

Associate
guess i was just unlucky.. :( nevermind...
I had similar stuff, mine didn't separate though but kinda like dissolved, became transparent. I could not see anywhere those particles clogged up. I spoke with EK , gave them batch numbers and they said yeah it was bad batch and sent me new bottle. New bottle is better as I had it for 2 months.

Man of Honour
OP
J5DuLDc.jpg

Over a year running Mystic Fog, no draining/same fluid, and happy to report no clogging or issues.

GPU Block - fins clear of any blockages
qaKkPnc.jpg

CPU/Monoblock - again fins all clear ( might be a tiny hair caught in there, not sure )
uXwRrPI.jpg

Today looks like this (no change from a year ago imo )
ZgxuiOe.jpg

Soldato
Same here. I've replaced mine twice now at 6 month intervals using the premix and blocks are super clean and no build up

Soldato
Appreciate the updates - 90% done with our renovations, started in October: whole house gutted, 6 internal walls removed and a new extension (which will be my study/guest suite), so I'm looking at updating my PC that's been sat in it's box since we bought the place.
Very tempted to go all out and replace case, distro, GPU & blocks, provided the builders come in on budget.
I've fancied Mystic Fog for aaaages.

Associate
On one of the recent EK videos they were strongly recommeding NOT using deionized water to flush you loop. Apparently some of these coolants use electrostatics to keep the particles suspended. Using deionized water changes the electric charge of the loop and can encourage the de-plating of the nickel.

Associate
On one of the recent EK videos they were strongly recommeding NOT using deionized water to flush you loop. Apparently some of these coolants use electrostatics to keep the particles suspended. Using deionized water changes the electric charge of the loop and can encourage the de-plating of the nickel.
hmm, are you supposed to flush it with actual coolant?

Associate
Since when? On their Youtube they say to flush with Cryofuel clear. :eek: As well as them saying distilled ruins their coolant.
I found it on their website after a bit of googling about flushing a watercooled system, if i can find it again I'll post it up.

Associate
Interesting. I did once have ek cryofuel solid white fail on me after flushing with distilled water, most of the particles dropped within a few days. Mayhems and a few others had no issues though

V F

V F

Soldato
Interesting. I did once have ek cryofuel solid white fail on me after flushing with distilled water, most of the particles dropped within a few days. Mayhems and a few others had no issues though

That's because Cryofuel is garbage. Other coolants don't have issues with distilled.

Not only that, the white residue Cryofuel causes soon as it goes in. It leaves a white chalky residue.

Man of Honour
OP
All fluids have issues with splitting/seperation, its not just a Cryofuel issue.

Mayhems had an issue with their white fluid splitting also ( Search this forum ), and they blamed EK radiators !

So calling 1 fluid out as 'garbage' is a little off, considering EK are not alone with the issue.

In an ideal world NONE of the fluids should be failing.

Back
Top Bottom