EK Cryofuel Mystic Fog - Sample piccies + 1 year later update

Associate
Have a listen to 41:00, during those 4 - 6 minutes.

Can`t argue with that. I can`t find where I read that it was reccomended to flush with distilled water though I definitely didn`t dream it but on EK`s maintenance section if found a piece where it say to flush with warm water and then rinse radiators out with distilled water.

V F

V F

Soldato
All fluids have issues with splitting/seperation, its not just a Cryofuel issue.

Mayhems had an issue with their white fluid splitting also ( Search this forum ), and they blamed EK radiators !

So calling 1 fluid out as 'garbage' is a little off, considering EK are not alone with the issue.

In an ideal world NONE of the fluids should be failing.

EK Cryofuel clear always leaves white residue. Endless complaints of it all over the web, youtube, Reddit and many other forums, more than any other coolant. Even other people in the industry from other manufacturers doesn't speak highly of Cryofuel.

There are more reports of Cryofuel clear gunking up blocks, breaking down, solidifying, turning yellow, algae getting in than any other coolant. I've had my blocks gunk up and distroplate line with chalky residue from Cryofuel clear. Even algae got into my loop within 3 months using Cryofuel clear premix.

Primochill: "As for compatibility with cryofuel, mostly yes. Using it prior to using cryofuel shouldn’t hurt anything. That said, this year there’s been a pretty sharp increase in the number of people reporting to me that their blocks got clogged by clear cryofuel, so you might want to consider alternatives."

Says a lot about Cryofuel. https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weite...-next-generation-of-flow-sensors/#post1453143

"If EK makes this statement, then the coolant behaves contrary to most other coolants on the market due to the assumed conductivity of the inhibitor.
Aqua Computer coolants are designed to minimize conductivity. We do this to minimize current flow in the event of a leak or splash. This is the best way to protect our customers hardware. Highly conductive coolants would lead to large currents and thus quickly damage the hardware in such cases.
"

"Ask EK, 1000µS is the same water quality as a river or a lake. this is far away from any that you can use in a water cooling loop.
The high flow read valid conductivity data up to 200µS. For everything above this value, the sensor read a value from 200 µS ... X.

The conductividy from normal tap water (in Germany) is 250 µS ... 800 µS.
But everyone can decide for himself what coolant he puts into his loop.
"

When I switched to Mayhems XT-1 Nuke, all my problems went away that came from Cryofuel.

Soldato
My current mystic fog is reaching 1 year old

I'm just gonna leave it, cbf anyway - when new cpu and GPUs are released I'm going back AIO cooling so will dump all the blocks and radiators I have anyway so don't care about any build up

Back
Top Bottom