EK Duraclear soft tubing clarity discrepancies between samples and leeching

Soldato
So I have 3m of EK Duraclear installed currently. It came in EK packaging. It really wasn't as clear as I thought/as advertised (from new), sorta has that halfway look of plasticiser leech. In those photos tubing is 11days in use with transparent EK Cryofuel concentrate coolant.

Now I recently oredred 1m of Duraclear from OCUK and was immediately struck by how much more transparent and nicer it looks. I wonder now if I received a defective batch from EK and if OcUK can help out with that?
This 1m off the reel stuff looks amazingly clear for flexible tubing! As shown by the last photo.

Photos show the 1m of Duraclear stuffed into the PC. Photos unedited out of my 6P.

Associate
I used this in my last build, within a couple of months i noticed my cpu and gpu were about 10 degrees higher than normal, i drained the loop and stripped the blocks, the cpu block was full of plasticiser luckily it acted like a filter and the gpu block was clean . My previous tubing was primochill and i'm now running Mayhems.

Soldato
OP
What I mean is from NEW it looked leeched compared to this off the reel piece of tubing I received and want to find out what's going on. No tubing is gonna leech in 10 days!

Prev on primochill LRT used in situ Over five years with no problems brilliant tubing .

Associate
Easy way to find out if it is powdery residue building up is to squeeze the tube so one side meets the other.
If it is powdery residue you'll be left with a clean clear dot Probably 5mm across. You'll need to look carefully though as is doesn't look too bad at the minute.

Soldato
Sadly never got on with the EK tubing, from it being wafer thin back in the early days to the current stuff. I switched to Mayhems tubing and the quality and finish are miles apart.

If you want super clear tubing get a length of Mayhems ordered.

Soldato
OP
I was wrong it has leeched, badly in 12 days useage:( gutted I was gonna block up my 1080 today and now don't know what to do.
How can EK put their name to this stuff. I'm going to put an RMA in for goods not fit for service. I'd be willing to try the EK Duraclear that actually arrives transparent, perhaps that won't leech.

Couldn't find Mayhems in 7/16'' ID as I am using hot water fit method over 1/2'' barbs.

Associate
Exactly the same reason I bought the EK duraclear. Mayhems do not do 7/16 id.
Also having the same issues with white powdery substance on the inside of the whole system which I can only assume is plasticizer.

Wasn't sure that it was the duraclear causing this, but now Ive seen this Im going to try 13/10mm mayhems and see if it stretches over the 1/2 barbs

Soldato
OP
Ek cryofuel clear .

Ocuk sending me another 3m batch will see if it's clear from the get go it may be ok.

Associate
The Duraclear i used was perfectly clear and leeched badly, it's utter crap , I had to take out all the rads and strip and clean all the blocks, it took hours. Don't risk it , just buy the mayhems tube and if needs must get some cheap xspc compression fittings if you have no luck with the 1/2" barbs.

Associate
Just a heads up, the mayhems 13/10 stretches quite easily over 1/2 barbs.
Its a little thin walled but if you haven't got any tight turns then its not a problem.
Looks like glass compared to the duraclear.

Associate
I've had what looks to be leeching, even with Mayhems tubing, although I was using their XT-1 Nuke fluid at the correct 1:10 ratio. No clear tubing I've used has ever remained clear long term.

With the standard Mayhems X1 fluid (UV yellow / green) and Primochill Advanced LRT, I ended up with a horrible brown tinge colour in the fluid after a year and of course the tubing was a murky brown tinge too.

Back
Top Bottom