EK M.2 heatsink

Associate
What are people's opinions or experiences on the M.2 heatsinks from EK? I have 2 M.2's in my system but only one has a heat sink which sits at around 60 degrees (boot drive) and the other one which is in the bottom of the 3 slots around 68 degree's. I don't think it helps having my GPU mounted vertically so thought about trying a heatsink to bring temps down a little.

Soldato
Just to let you know.

My drive was never really that hot running, think about 45 - 50 degrees. Fitted the heat sink more for looks than anything.

There are videos on youtube showing how to install it, if you need guidance.

Associate
OP
My vertical is the problem i think, the bottom one is about 1 - 1.5 inches from the gpu back plate. I just think for the cost its worth a shot even if its a couple of degrees less. I have Toshiba 512gb M.2's so maybe they just run hot lol

Associate
OP
yeah i got it but it hasn't made a difference, i think its cos my bottom m.2 slots are under the GPU ribbon extender cable so dont get much air flow. Oh well it looks nice (even tho its hidden behind my GPU :D:eek::D)

Soldato
Im actually curious to whether heatsinks make a difference on my M.2 drive because they have put intel sticker right over the memory and you cant remove it unless you want to void the warranty so it sits on paper lol/

Soldato
Im actually curious to whether heatsinks make a difference on my M.2 drive because they have put intel sticker right over the memory and you cant remove it unless you want to void the warranty so it sits on paper lol/

Actually, you just reminded me that i did remove the sticker on my drive. It was a bit tatty and torn any way, so thought what the hell and just removed it.

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier Apone70, i honestly forgot all about that.

Soldato
Actually, you just reminded me that i did remove the sticker on my drive. It was a bit tatty and torn any way, so thought what the hell and just removed it.

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier Apone70, i honestly forgot all about that.

Did the sticker come off OK did you use any solvent or anything to clear it up?

Soldato
Did the sticker come off OK did you use any solvent or anything to clear it up?

It did come of pretty easy but in pieces because of a couple of rips in it. i gave the chips a wipe with my cpu cleaning solution but there was no residue on them so not sure if it actually needed cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom