EK Predator 240 leak

Soldato
I built a new games machine in November and decided to finally take the first step in watercooling by getting the EK predator 240.

Unfortunately last weekend I discovered the waterblock started leaking, and was doing so on to my graphics card. I think the graphics card needs to be replaced as it was intermittently giving no output to the monitor. After removing the block I could see cracks on all corners where the screws join the copper plate to the plastic waterblock.

Filled in an RMA ticket with EK, and they quickly sent out a new one and arranged to collect the old cooler and my graphics card. Unfortunately DHL decided not to collect due to some issue with them and EK, so the wait for a replacement graphics card continues.

On the upside, the replacement unit is rev 1.1e, and has a different waterblock, a Supremacy EVO which appears to be all metal. Hopefully no more issues with this cooler!

Just thought I'd share my experience for anyone that is interested :)

Associate
I've read a lot of posts about issues with the EK Predator, I returned two 280s only this week and replaced with Corsair units. I hope your replacements last!

Associate
Mine leaked around one of the fittings going into the radiator,i tightened it and all was good only to discover a slight leak from the water block too,this was within five minutes of use,poor showing from me,ocuk were fantastic with the rma the and had refunded me within two hours of receiving if back,swapped out for a corsair h110 and it's been working away just over 14 mths with no problems

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Been wanting an EK 360 for a while, but all the bad stories and lack faith in their product to provide 5 years warranty has put me off. Once they man up, show confidence in the quality of their product and provide 5 years warranty I will buy.

Back
Top Bottom