EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Soldato
Take your time with it, plan plan, measure and remeasure or costs will start mounting up. Hopefully the stock situation will clear up abit soon, think everyone just wants to catch a break.

Thanks. I'm pretty good now with water cooling stuff and bending with hard tubing. But yeah always measure twice cut once. 13 years as a precision engineer when I was younger has made me quite anal and OCD on everything though lol.

If I need advice on the dual loop, is it OK to pm you?

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I'm pretty good now with water cooling stuff and bending with hard tubing. But yeah always measure twice cut once. 13 years as a precision engineer when I was younger has made me quite anal and OCD on everything though lol.

If I need advice on the dual loop, is it OK to pm you?
Yes certainly mate, no problem feel free to pm me if you have any questions. More than happy to help :)

Soldato
OP
Amazing build! And you've given me sooo many ideas for me to think about :) What size were the bolt/nuts that you used on new holes on the mount?
I tried to keep with the original mounting size for the PCI slots on the case so i could reuse some of the spare nuts and bolts i have lying around. Works out great tbh and does the job, only complaint is its a little on flimsy side as you cut away a lot of the supporting structure. Doesn't matter much as your computer doesn't move and its fine when i transport it from upstairs to downstairs for maintenance lol.

If i was to do it again i'd probs cut the pci at more of an angle to give it abit more support or weld a support beam to add abit more rigidity, not essential more of an after thought.

Soldato
OP
First 2021 Update Coming!

No real hardware changes as i've got what i really want but cooling and aesthetics wise im still not 100%.

Parts arrived and waiting for installation:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £247.91 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Still waiting on the Heatkiller block to arrive due to delays with watercool and brexit etc, really through abit of a spanner in the works but shouldn't be much longer now. Just a shame it means have to take the loop apart twice!

I'll be experimenting with the Azure blue and cloud white to create a baby blue colour for the gpu loop, i finally grew tired of the turquoise blue. Will be sticking with the yellow but i need to inspect it and make sure its still usable.

I'll have a few bits on MM for sale as well due to this little sidegrade.

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I came here as I was the for sale thread, and wanted to see what was going in - knew it would be uni fans :D
Haha yeah theres no other upgrade path other than uni fans. All has gone well with the upgrades however im having a slight pump issue. It's a weird one, everytime i rebuild the D5 on the cpu loop takes a long time to bleed. Not sure what is going on with it, theres no bubbles or air trapped i dont think. The pump will spin up to maximum rpm then gradually slow until its barely moving... very odd. Last time i had this issue it wasn't so bad, it gradually went back up but took a good few weeks!

Any ideas?

Associate
Set the pump in the bios to go at 100% and just run it that way. Or if you prefer just unplug the pwm header from the mobo and it should run at 100%. Should help push any air out

Soldato
OP
Set the pump in the bios to go at 100% and just run it that way. Or if you prefer just unplug the pwm header from the mobo and it should run at 100%. Should help push any air out
I’d suggest maybe trying this: https://youtu.be/vRGS4GJ-NQU

I have it set this way and i tried the other way as well but both do the same thing. I'm starting to think whether the pump itself is abit gunked out from all the fluids i've been trying. I'll take apart the cpu loop tonight and see what i find. I have a spare XSPC D5 Vario that i can use as well just incase.

Surprisingly temps are fine even though the pump is running at a really slow speed.

Things to test that i think maybe the cause of the issue:
  • Inlet/outlet on the reservoir maybe clogged or too many bends? I'm using the lower ports rather than the front ports which means the coolant is having to "climb" back into the res rather than go straight in. I highly doubt this has an effect but maybe its worth testing, the loop does consist of 2 "U" bends. Reducing the number of bends might help the flow rate but i've had way more bends before that never encountered this issue.
  • Pump clogged as per BluZiff's video hence why its gotten worse and worse over time, can easily investigate this by taking the pump apart and inspecting for cloggage.
  • CPU block clogged? From visual inspection last night, this doesn't seem to be the case, the block is clear and there's no corrosion or debris that i could see in the block itself. Worth maybe checking again and possibly taking the block apart for a deeper inspection.
  • Flow meter causing restriction? I considered that it maybe faulty or even the cause of the poor flow rate, however i can easily tell how the flow rate is by looking at the coolant movement in the reservoir. I can see initially there is a lot of movement in the coolant then gradually the movement stops. The pump itself is still spinning though and the noise from the pump does not change. Only the flow rate drops from an initial 1.6l/m to around a devasting 0.1l/m! Crikey!

Should have dealth with this a long time ago really...

Associate
I love the build, looks awesome, nice work.

It's inspired me to do a similar build for my first loop and have a couple of questions if that's okay.
Is there room to fit the 2 FLTs at the top and middle and have a fan on the bottom?
Is it difficult to plug a DP/HDMI cable into the GPU with it being away from the back?

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the updates!

Soldato
OP
I love the build, looks awesome, nice work.

It's inspired me to do a similar build for my first loop and have a couple of questions if that's okay.
Thanks mate, its always a pleasure working on a loop and filling it for the first time.

Is there room to fit the 2 FLTs at the top and middle and have a fan on the bottom?
Yes there is, provided you use the front inlet/outlet and not the bottom ports.

Is it difficult to plug a DP/HDMI cable into the GPU with it being away from the back?
No its actually easier as i dont have to wrestle with the pcie slots that can be abit misaligned and finicky sometimes.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the updates!

As above :)

Back
Top Bottom