Ek supremacy precicemount for 4790k

Associate
Hi

Does anyone know if the precicemount kit for the "naked ivy" will work with a de lidded 4790k?

Or is there an actual 1150 kit available? (I have looked but cant find one)

Many thanks

Jason

Man of Honour
Yes it works but don't bother. Several of us on here have tried it and had worse temps than we did with the IHS back on. Presumeably it's due to the smaller surface area being cooled. Delid, clean the IHS and die up, apply CLU or whatever thermal paste you are going to use and stick the IHS back on. For best results use a liquid metal thermal paste, the Thermal Grizzly seems to be the best one now, just watch that line of chips down the side of the die. Most of us put nail varnish on them just in case the liquid metal goes anywhere near them. Stick the IHS back on with black liquid gasket, the waterblock once clamped down will be more than enough pressure to get a good contact and seal. I lapped my IHS while it was off as well as it was terribly concave.

Associate
yeah pastymunchers correct about that I thought about going naked die myself until I looked into it and saw most people that had tried it reported higher temps definitely better of with delid and liquid metal & pop lid back on

Soldato
Thanks. I think for ease, and by the sounds of it performance, i will heed your advice and refit the IHS.

Many thanks

Jase
I did what Pastymuncher said but used Liquid Ultra instead of pro just because its slightly easier to apply and clean. Pro is slightly more difficult to apply however pro has slightly better thermals wise.

Back
Top Bottom